1000 miles in 2024

4 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
May 2023
1:55pm, 25 May 2023
20,453 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Wow congratulations hs, I got an email about 10yr anniversary but it was about their ambassador programme it made me curious about my first parkrun which seems was Nov 2011. And I’m only on 38 parkruns.

Good news on your foot and ankle Steve and good running hs.

Nipped out for a leg stretch at lunch 2.6m but it I’ll add to the days overall number.
May 2023
2:10pm, 26 May 2023
11,397 posts
  •  
hillstrider
GG, I've run 73 parkruns, but during the covid restrictions ran 70 virtual 5k's with running friends. Some in the forest and some on roads. A shame they don't count in the stats.
May 2023
4:14pm, 26 May 2023
3,411 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
GG my first parkrun was also Nov 2011.
It took my 10 years to do 50 but since I retired it’s my new thing and have now done 118 with 58 different ones. Also 58 volunteers.
May 2023
5:22pm, 26 May 2023
2,085 posts
  •  
AndyS
My first parkrun was November 2015 - I'll be "running"* my 320th tomorrow (and volunteering for the 122nd time :) )

*There will be a lot of walking. I'm attempting a 100 mile bike ride on Sunday...
May 2023
7:31am, 27 May 2023
11,402 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done LL and AndyS for all your parkruns and volunteering.

Good luck AS for your 100 mile bike ride tomorrow. 🚲
May 2023
9:18am, 27 May 2023
6,108 posts
  •  
steve45
Great Park Run involvements by all and what a superb day today for it again. Hope you're all pleased with outcomes. I still have my eternally unused bar code amongst my running gear which I got when they first started! I will never use it😂.
Upped my distance this morning to 5.1 miles, my furthest since early March. Plagued with that sore chest again but it was too nice along the trails to quit!

Having now been referred to the thoracic clinic I should reach 500 miles by the year's end because I'm sure something can be identified as the real problem. I'm not even on 200 for the year yet!!!
May 2023
12:53pm, 27 May 2023
11,403 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done Steve for your 5.I miles this morning, especially with your sore chest. You are making steady progress. I hope the outcome from your referral to the thoracic clinic will be to discover the source of the problem.

I've got my barcode on my watch, meaning I never forget to bring it.

This mornings parkrun was run in 28.20, one second slower than last week.
I've discovered a new app which is dedicated to parkruns, and contains all the data re your parkruns that you could ever want. It's just named "5k" Download from the playstore and enter your barcode Anumber, or name, it's as easy as that.
May 2023
1:33pm, 27 May 2023
3,268 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Good luck Andy!

Well done HS!

Well done too Steve, hope everything goes ok at the clinic.

I did my first Parkrun in October 2011, completed my 50th last October.

I did a lovely run this morning at Loch Muick, it's a beautiful place on the Balmoral estate. 8 miles round, it was hard and hot. Will try and upload pics later.
May 2023
4:29pm, 27 May 2023
11,406 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done Lesley for your 8 miles. It sounds like a lovely run, but hard in the heat. I hope you will be able to upload some pics. I seem to have problems doing this, sometimes it works, and more often it doesn't.

It was one of my running friends 50th parkrun today, and another runner who I didn't know, 250th. She had made lots of cakes, enough for all of us to have one.

It was nice to see quite a lot of young runners, running with their fathers. Such a change from seeing youngsters with their noses buried in their phones.
May 2023
4:50pm, 27 May 2023
6,110 posts
  •  
steve45
Arghh, one second hs, not even a double stride. Good run again though.
Hope the 320th park run went well Andy and that you enjoy your 100 mile bike ride tomorrow. Last week here it was the Cardiff to Tenby 100 miler with hundreds of very seriously clad riders and a penny farthing rider too!

Loch Mick run sounds lovely Lesley, I'd never heard of that loch but on reflection there's only one loch I'm familiar with! Hot? ! Perfect here at 12c this early morning.
It might be phones these days hs but on my/our day lots of people would have their noses in newspapers, ok, not when running of course but in loads of other situations! Cakes after park run.. extra special!

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000