1000 miles in 2024

59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
Jun 2023
12:14pm, 1 Jun 2023
11,454 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done Steve for your 5k this morning. It's good that your new Saucony trainers were more or less perfect.

This morning was a solo forest run of 11k, in the opposite direction from the usual. This meant a long, slow uphill slog halfway through the run.
Jun 2023
12:22pm, 1 Jun 2023
3,419 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Well done Steve and HS. A structured Fartlek for me this morning. It alleviates the boredom a bit and pushes me out of my comfort zone.
Jun 2023
1:31pm, 1 Jun 2023
9,133 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Some good running going on in the thread, well done all.

Just over 6 (so I don't upset GG and Steve ;-) ) with some fartleks thrown in as I didn't have time for the interval session I wanted to do. I wore my new shoes today too.
Jun 2023
5:38pm, 1 Jun 2023
3,271 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Good running folks. Changing direction on routes can sometimes be a good thing HS, makes it more challenging.

Good to see you guys getting some speed work in.

It was hot on Tuesday, I really struggled when I was out, 10k undulating loop done. Much cooler today, I went up the local hill. It was tough, I need more practice.
Jun 2023
10:48pm, 1 Jun 2023
4,185 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
GG - I whinge and moan about going to track every week, I start every session thinking ‘there is no way I can do that!’ But I haven’t failed yet!
Jun 2023
10:37am, 2 Jun 2023
11,463 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done everyone!

Lesley, we do try to vary our courses as much as possible. We are always discovering unexplored trails in the forest.

Well done MrsB for persisting with the track sessions. They will definitely pay dividends.

Today is a rest day, except for the usual Friday Farmers Walk.
Jun 2023
9:28am, 3 Jun 2023
6,121 posts
  •  
steve45
I like the "just over" FF! Good miles in new shoes .
Nice change to do fartlek LL but a pity about your feelings of boredom on other runs.
Hot and tough doesn't sound like my sort of efforts at the moment Lesley, I'm putting up with what is comfortable and I guess enjoyable (as far as is possible with my bloody complaints!).
Tenacity and determination there with your track sessions Mrsb. Good going .
Opposite direction to well known routes are interesting and that's a fine run hs.
I'm kind of glad I'm not committed in any way to any goals other than running because I want to, with racing days long left behind and no way to properly pursue WAVA times, it's all down to my basic choice.
Jun 2023
11:57am, 3 Jun 2023
11,475 posts
  •  
hillstrider
It's really good Steve that you are still running, and with a positive attitude. You are doing what you want to do, which is the most important thing.

My parkrun this morning was a couple of minutes slower than last week, but I was pacing one of our club runners and she got a 4 minute pb. Its odd really as I'm the oldest runner, and she is one of the youngest, early twenties.
Jun 2023
12:10pm, 3 Jun 2023
9,145 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Well done for pacing your club colleague hillstrider. That just shows how different we all are with our running.
Jun 2023
1:12pm, 3 Jun 2023
4,186 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
Gosh, Trelissick parkrun is pretty- but tough! Took over 30 seconds to get past the start line!

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000