1000 miles in 2024

3 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
Jun 2023
6:47am, 6 Jun 2023
3,430 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Sorry to hear Mrs b I’m prone to falling 3 recents with similar injuries. Think my bone meds must be working though as no broken bones. Sounds like fun HS I would have thought you knew every inch of that forest 😀
Jun 2023
7:16am, 6 Jun 2023
20,540 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Sounds like a great run ha, I would have thought same as LL the amount of time you spend in the forest but our woods are not that big and it’s easy to stumble across a new path or indeed think you’re in a path to find you’re not.

Rest day yesterday but off out for a few miles now.
Jun 2023
9:32am, 6 Jun 2023
11,495 posts
  •  
hillstrider
LL and GG, I'm not surprised that you both think that I should know every inch of the New Forest, as I have been running in it for about 45 years!! However, we are still discovering untrodden paths, even close to home. Some of the social runs require a drive to the start point, although we try to restrict this to protect the environment, and animals on the road.

Today is a rest day, and I'm just back from my Farmers Walk.
Jun 2023
10:29am, 6 Jun 2023
20,542 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I expect your forest is vast so totally understandable that you don’t see it all and different times of the year things overgrown and landscapes change. I love that my woods are never exactly the same.

4.8 this morning pratting about looking for rundle numbers, catching squares and generally avoiding that I had to go to work. (Struggling massively this week)
Jun 2023
11:48am, 6 Jun 2023
6,126 posts
  •  
steve45
You are so fortunate in having that big forest to almost call home hs. Another great run and quite fun getting lost as you ticked off the miles.
Not nice struggling gg but you're doing just fine overall.
Ugh to that fall Mrsb and double ugh to how sore that knee looks, hope it's improving and I would suspect it hasn't deterred you in getting back out.
I don't have any such visible injury on my bloody knee but it's still painful on push off if I run (inflamed tendon from quad to knee I think). Walking is ok and 3.5 miles was enjoyable even though a bit frustrating this morning and I see my running totals fall further and further behind. I reckoned threw more days being just a walker ☹️.
Jun 2023
11:49am, 6 Jun 2023
6,127 posts
  •  
steve45
Obviously meant "three more days"...
Jun 2023
12:31pm, 6 Jun 2023
9,166 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
I took my car in for a new timing belt this morning and wondered (very briefly) how I might pass 5 hours. 3 hours went quickly enough with a 15.25 mile run and popping in to visit my cousin and then my mum. Mum was out but I could sort the garden hose out that she mentioned at the weekend. Now refilled on tea and lunch in Whetherspoons awaiting a phone call to say the car is ready.
Jun 2023
2:32pm, 6 Jun 2023
3,431 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Sounds productive FF well done. Walking is said to be just as good Steve. 3rd parkrun of the week for me in Sweden today.
Jun 2023
3:14pm, 6 Jun 2023
9,171 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Ooh well done LL did you see / meet the Jigs' they were in Sweden too. (I do know it's a big place :-) )
Jun 2023
3:16pm, 6 Jun 2023
20,549 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Ohhh Sweden how lovely LL

Great way to use up 5hrs FF at least no helmet to take home this time and sure your mum appreciates the tidy hosepipe.

I was going to double run as I had a parcel for post office but by time I packaged it up, prepped lunch I thought I better get back to work as I need to leave early tonight - meeting friends for tea, a few years ago I had a lotus Elise (🥲🥲) and we still meet up with Lotus friends a couple of times a year. The pub tonight does amazing food so can’t wait! I may be sluggish in the morning 🤣

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000