1000 miles in 2024

1 lurker | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
May 2023
10:20pm, 22 May 2023
20,432 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Ah Steve I was excited there I thought you said you’d done it. The Drop is a plan as we’re aiming to do Escape from Meridian next year (sold out this year and that was in January)

6.2 taking in the canal path the other way tonight such a perfect night and so pretty. I am hoping ti squeeze some in the morning but it may be determined by tiredness as I had a rubbish sleep last night.

MrsB I did the opposite tonight so my chat with a friend was recorded as a run. But more frustrating for you.

FF I’m thinking of applying for a council tax refund as I’m never home 😅 but good day at the office and a fab run. Looking forward to seeing Alicia tomorrow too.

Well done on your runs everyone spring and sunshine is making it all easier.
May 2023
11:23pm, 22 May 2023
4,180 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
I find running in the morning before work really challenging - geordiegirl if you have any tips let me know! When we are away on holiday I’ll happily go for a run at 6am, but I struggle if I know I have to go into work.
May 2023
7:14am, 23 May 2023
20,435 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
MrsB I love a morning run but largely depends on my day. I lay my kit out the night before and plan my route before bed so I wake up with the mindset I’m going. Talking of which best go I’ve been doing my best effort at procrastination as I’m shattered. Slow and steady will do though.
May 2023
9:57am, 23 May 2023
11,350 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done for your 5 miles yesterday FF. Hopefully you will do the 10 miles today.

GG, your 6.2 miles last night in the opposite direction along the canal path sounded good.

A rest day for me today, just the usual Tuesday Farmers Walk.
May 2023
10:40am, 23 May 2023
20,437 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
3m this morning, local village not the most exciting. I found a sign for Tongham Woods but other than a few trees I only found more houses. I am not far from Surrey Hills park but too far for a drive out before work - I was still 'late' this morning as traffic was way more busy than I expected. I may have a rest day tomorrow or I may see where the public footpath I found goes too.
May 2023
1:51pm, 23 May 2023
9,061 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Nice to see you back a bit more Mrsb.

More exploring GG, staying in different hotels and running different places will be good for blue circles.

I hope your bags weren't too heavy today hillstrider.

I ended up with 13.8 miles this morning. I dropped my cycle off for a service but they didn't want me to leave my helmet at the shop so I had to run home with it before I started the run I intended. Lots of off road running on lots of different surfaces. Quite enjoyed it considering I class myself as a road runner.
May 2023
3:44pm, 23 May 2023
11,353 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Those woods must have been very disappointing GG, just a few trees.🌳 Well done for your 3 miles.

The bags weren't too heavy this morning FF; perhaps I'm getting stronger💪

Well done for your 13.8 miles this morning on multi terrain. As you have probably gathered from my posts, I'm mainly an off road runner. Living .5 mile from the New Forest probably accounts for that.
May 2023
4:00pm, 23 May 2023
3,265 posts
  •  
Lesley C
I know some who have done that race Steve.

Good running there FF and HS. I like multi terrain FF, and like HS I like running in the forest (or what's left of it).

Exploring new areas is great when you are away, but think I would be disappointed with thsoe woods too GG.

5x1k reps for me this morning. I found a good road for these, so I did 3 heading west and 2 east. It was slightly undulating and looking at my splits the east ones were faster so perhaps slightly downhill. Dunno. Lovely and sunny at 5.30 this morning.

Mrs B, I like early morning runs especially at this time of year. I eat half an hour before I go out so I don't feel rubbish. It's hard in the winter when it's cold and dark. I have no choice, some days if I don't go early I can't go at all.
May 2023
4:39pm, 23 May 2023
11,354 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done for those reps Lesley, a good session.

My friends and I (sounds a bit posh doesn't it☺️) like exploring different parts of the forest.
May 2023
7:54am, 24 May 2023
20,441 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I just think I missed another sign for the way to the woods I opted for a rest day today and I’m hoping to be back at my normal Hotel in future.

Met a friends daughter for dinner last night so lovely to spend time with her and what a great young lady she is. So much chat and lost unusual it was a conversation not me asking questions and her answering as is with so many of my family!

On a plus we’ve decided I don’t need to come every month so not back now until July (although I also have a day trip to Oxford the day after our holiday which is less than ideal, although being in Cambridgeshire it’s not too far to go)

That sounds like a great interval session Lesley very early but that is so peaceful too.

Bummer about the helmet FF but a few extra miles and hope the bike service makes cycling easier and faster. Well done on a good long run.

I too love woodland runs and glad your bags werent too heavy I expect you’ll be exploring again today.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000