1000 miles in 2024

2 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
May 2023
9:14pm, 20 May 2023
3,264 posts
  •  
Lesley C
I'm lucky if I can clean every second week. Kitchen gets a clean every day. I just hate seeing mess - the layer of dust and other dirt gets to me.

Sounds like a nice day FF and HS, well done on your parkrun time.

That sounds like a tough race GG, I'm sure you will do well.
May 2023
10:18pm, 20 May 2023
20,425 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Love that hs - there is always someone else who would love to be in the position ‘you’ complain about.

It’s hard when you want to have a clean /tidy space and life gets in the way. When I lived in my little apartment in Oman it was immaculate but I had limited possessions, no space to store stuff and it was just me other than occasionally meeting up with friends for a drink on a Saturday evening.

A good balance is all we need.
May 2023
10:50am, 21 May 2023
11,324 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Life is too short to spend too long on domestic chores. I'm saying this as a 77 year old!

A lovely sunny morning, and I set off early for a solo hilly road run. It was an easy pace out and back course, working hard up and down the hills. I ran 3.8 miles, bringing the weeks total to 31. First 30+ for many weeks.
May 2023
10:52pm, 21 May 2023
9,047 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
That's unusual for you to run on a Sunday hillstrider. I hope you don't have anything to demanding planned for the Monday run.
May 2023
6:33am, 22 May 2023
20,429 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
That’s a good mileage week hs & how lovely to have sunny runs again. Southbound again today so hoping to get a little pootle along the canals tonight. Meeting mr friends daughter for dinner tomorrow, staying in a different hotel so no idea where I’ll run tomorrow.
May 2023
9:10am, 22 May 2023
6,101 posts
  •  
steve45
Whoop whoop 💥✨for that park run hs and a well run 15 miler gg. Good overall pacing too after the frisky start!
Much easier to keep a clean and tidy space when there are no kids about! My (current of 26 years!) couldn't have children but my eldest by first marriage is 51 today. That brings home the speed of passing years.
This on going superb weather is just wonderful, hope it's not "our summer"! My wife joined me for my modest outing of 2.4 miles early today which included part of the river trail. We're so lucky to have these off road routes so close to us .
September event will come around so quickly gg so hope summer trading goes well.
Thinking of events and ones that me or my wife won't do is "Escape from Meridian", you've probably all heard about it and I presume it still happens, we had intended to do it a few years back . Check it out! You have a start point from where you have to run as far as you can on any direction you choose. Winner is the person who travels the furthest from the start in the given time!
May 2023
11:44am, 22 May 2023
6,103 posts
  •  
steve45
Oops... it's Escape from Meriden, it's in November and a 24 hour escape!
May 2023
11:46am, 22 May 2023
11,337 posts
  •  
hillstrider
FF, I ran yesterday because, yes, we had planned an easier run for today, see below.

Thanks GG. I hope you do manage a little pootle along the canals this evening.
I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow, and that the hotel will be good.

Thanks Steve, I'm hoping to get closer to 28 minutes in Saturday's parkrun.

You are right about the years flying by. My daughter will be 53 in December and my son 51 in August.

Well done for todays 2.4 miles with your wife. I've no intention of "Escaping from Meridian!"

This morning was an easy pace 6.71 miles in the forest with the Monday Group. Garmin Connect stated "Optimum," which was a surprise as it was a chatty run.
May 2023
12:02pm, 22 May 2023
9,053 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Oh boy GG you're getting some travel miles in with this new job.

Well done Steve and hillstrider for your runs.

I went out for just over 5 miles this morning because I haven't ran since last Thursday and took it steady. I'm taking my cycle in for a service tomorrow morning so hope to get 10 plus done tomorrow after I've dropped it off at 9am.
May 2023
8:24pm, 22 May 2023
4,179 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
Oh my goodness! How hard can it be to hit the lap button not the pause button during a track session? 8490m recorded - real distance unknown- probably 9k!

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000