1000 miles in 2024

3 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
May 2023
9:36am, 20 May 2023
6,098 posts
  •  
steve45
With work, nipper and running, fitting in getting the household chores is far more difficult for you Lesley than for me! Of course I remember exactly the same involvements but a long time ago, now I really only have household stuff to get in the way of runs! Ah but also all the nuisances that have cropped up lately!
Nice running temperature early today, 11/12c with glorious blue skies again, my wife will have to put up with 18/20c when she runs later today. I managed 3.7 miles on mixed terrain and at a pace which would see me last in local park runsπŸ˜‚. Pleased with it though even if still light headed and slightly dizzy .
Hope everyone's park runs and personal runs go well today.
May 2023
10:13am, 20 May 2023
20,417 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Hope that dizziness clears off soon Steve but great running even if it’s shorter and slower than you’d like, you’re still out there.

Hope you enjoyed your rest day hs

These warmer runs will take a bit of adjusting too but so happy the spring-summer weather is finally here. That said I had a wet drizzly run yesterday that I ended off needing a rain coat on. I set off for a longer run and managed 15m, some detours needed as the cows were on security duties in 2 of the fields I planned on taking.

Booked another race for September- The Berkeley Marathons (UK not US but similar format & much easier) I fully expect to only manage 2 of the laps as a club friend did it last year and he only managed 3 laps (each lap is a marathon with 3000ft gain - https://www.gertlushevents.co.uk/the-berkeley-marathons)
May 2023
4:20pm, 20 May 2023
11,311 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done Steve, upping your mileage. I hope the dizziness soon clears up.

Well done for your 15 miles yesterday GG. I hope your training goes well for the September Berkeley marathon.

Much warmer today and I ran my fastest Bartley Park parkrun this year in 28.19, a WAVA of 69.45%. Its my second fastest on this course. My quickest was back in July last year in 28.08.

I spent a pleasant afternoon with a running friend and her 7 year old twins in the local park. We had coffee and ice cream afterwards. It was a 1.5 mile walk each way for me, so quite an energetic day πŸ˜€
May 2023
6:18pm, 20 May 2023
9,035 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Toddlers grow up too quickly to worry about housework Lesley, as long as you stay sane by getting out for a run you'll be ok.

Well done Steve a good 3.7 miles.

Nice distance GG, well done.

A great parkrun result hillstrider and a nice afternoon by the sound of it.

No run for me today or tomorrow. We've been to the beach this morning with our son and soon to be daughter in law with their dog and then a bbq back at their house. Tomorrow I'm going out with my friend to watch the Touring Cars, we'd normally camp over and enjoy a few beers together but I'm more cautious about his health than he is. I'd rather see how he copes with a full day out than a weekend away.

Have a great weekend Fetchies.
May 2023
6:20pm, 20 May 2023
16,298 posts
  •  
Badger
Wordle 700 5/6

🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
May 2023
6:20pm, 20 May 2023
16,299 posts
  •  
Badger
Oops. Sorry. Wrong thread entirely.
May 2023
6:49pm, 20 May 2023
11,315 posts
  •  
hillstrider
You are welcome 😊
May 2023
7:45pm, 20 May 2023
20,424 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I do have to agree with FF. I don’t have kids but a friend of mine who does many years ago was fretting about housework. I said to her when I was young I remember carpet picnics, kitchen takeout fish & chips, going to the beach I never remembered how tidy the house was do what makes memories and what housework you can do and making time for you too.

Enjoy your time with you son and future daughter in law FF
May 2023
7:56pm, 20 May 2023
11,316 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I remember my dad saying to my mum when she complained about something like a spillage on the carpet, "A blind person would have been pleased to have seen it!"
May 2023
9:12pm, 20 May 2023
3,400 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
I like it HS πŸ˜€

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000