1000 miles in 2024

6 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
May 2023
5:06pm, 14 May 2023
6,094 posts
  •  
steve45
Good miles there Mrsb, and today's to come. Sure seems that you must be feeling back to being fit again. Pity you weren't doing the Alton 10! Good on you for helping at a water station.
Interestingly (maybe!?!) in my days of ten milers water stations were not done, in fact I think there were AAA rules for how many/how frequent water stations were allowed even in marathons.
Five miles around the marina sounds nice hs and your five nice and sociable too.
I did 2 miles 😂
May 2023
5:28pm, 14 May 2023
3,259 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Well done Mrs B.

Good running this weekend everyone 😀. Good parkrun times there HS and GG.

Good news about the x-ray Steve. Two miles is still two miles.

Good to hear from you Evangel. A little bit of running surely will benefit you. Just take it steady.

Today was race day. It was hot and humid, and of course hilly! The course was harder than I thought it would be. The flats were slightly uphill. The water stations were not where they said they would be. There was much more walking than I would've liked but I finished in 2:10:31.
May 2023
7:07pm, 14 May 2023
11,251 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done for your mileage MrsB, and for "manning" a water station in the Alton 10 miles. There were quite a few running from my club, Hardley Runners. I've run it quite a few times, it's a tough course.

You are correct Steve re water stations. Until recently, the New Forest 10 miles was held in July, and at the ridiculous time of 1pm, when the temperature was at its hottest.I have vivid memories of no water stations, and many walking from the early miles. It's a wonder that nobody suffered from sun stroke. Its in October this year when it will be much cooler.
Well done for todays 2 miles.

Thanks Lesley, it was my quickest parkrun for several weeks.
Well done for todays race. That was an excellent time, especially considering the conditions and having to walk from time to time.
May 2023
1:10pm, 15 May 2023
11,256 posts
  •  
hillstrider
A lovely 13 miles forest run this morning with 3 running friends. It was sunny 🌞 but also quite a cold wind. The terrain was quite boggy in places, necessitating walking and wading.
May 2023
1:23pm, 15 May 2023
3,392 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Some amazing running going on here. Well done on your race Lesley. 13 today HS I’m in awe! Nothing much to report here 😀
May 2023
8:19pm, 15 May 2023
4,177 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
First track session for ages (since before Christmas!) Felt good to be back, much as I dread going I always feel better afterwards. 4.5miles added to the tally.
May 2023
11:40am, 16 May 2023
11,265 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks LL.

Well done for your first track session MrsB.

Just the usual Tuesday Farmers Walk this morning.
May 2023
12:29pm, 16 May 2023
4,178 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
Trying to work out whether to run tonight or not. I have prep duty which means I’ll be home late - but we also have a parents’ evening on Thursday- so that’s another night when I’ll get home tired and cranky!

Very much a first world problem!

I like the idea of a Tuesday Farmer’s Walk!
May 2023
2:34pm, 16 May 2023
9,012 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Steve's been quiet since Sunday, I hope all is well.
Well done for your race Lesley, sounds tough.
Hillstrider, a good parkrun and I certainly don't like the sound of your Monday wading this week.
Come on LL what have you got to report? Surely you've done something.
4.5 miles is a good track session Mrsb, I hope you manage to get out tonight and clear your head a bit.
I did a race pace 5k benchmark today as parkrun always measures short due to the turns and trees. It was quite breezy into the wind for over half of the run and racing myself and no one else is difficult so I'm pleased with 21.43.
May 2023
3:42pm, 16 May 2023
11,268 posts
  •  
hillstrider
An excellent 5k time FF. Our local parkrun also measures short, as there are 2 laps with twists and turns, and 2 u turns.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000