1000 miles in 2024

3 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
May 2023
3:25pm, 10 May 2023
8,975 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Some good stuff going on. Sorry I've been awol.
Another good session hillstrider that trumps my own 321 interval session. 2 x 3 minutes with 1.30 rest, 3 x 2 minutes with 1 minute rest and 4 x 1 minute with just 30 seconds rest. I did a 2 mile warm up beforehand and covered 7.8 miles in total with the cool down. I felt great but my legs felt heavy and unwilling to play but I hadn't realised on the warm up only when I wanted them to turn over quicker.
May 2023
4:07pm, 10 May 2023
4,171 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
HS’s intervals remind me that I should go back to track sessions. Living on the side of a hill makes it tricky to do then on my own - but is great for hill training!

Going to stick to treadmill tonight.
May 2023
7:16pm, 10 May 2023
6,086 posts
  •  
steve45
What a great 14 miler the other day has and your furthest for a long time. I remember you mentioning before about how increased weight through weights etc made you run like a cart horse! Of course weights need to be light and utilised with reps for distance runners rather than heavy weights to bulk up a bit for sprinters.

Glad you did more than a mere trot LL and managed four fartlek miles.
Well kitted out for rain there gg and good miles by the three of you and all looking happy 😊.
Another fine session FF and good to see Mrsb back and taking a chance on a blue sky but enduring hail! Back on treadmill huh?! From what I recall you've done some impressive sessions on there.
Had my chest XRay and now wait about a week for results. From what I gather there was not anything that stood out alarmingly so that's a relief, I'll wait then and discuss the results with my GP in relation to the lung issue found recently.
Another meagre 2.3 miles today, so far behind now I'm more than in the relegation zone!
May 2023
8:09am, 11 May 2023
6,087 posts
  •  
steve45
And another (meagre!) 2.3 miles on what must be the best morning weather wise here of the Spring. Great to be out there albeit for a short plod.
May 2023
8:27am, 11 May 2023
11,204 posts
  •  
hillstrider
That sounds like a quality session FF. Did you run it solo? If so, it must be harder than if running with others. I'm lucky because the majority of my structured training is with club mates.

Good luck with your hill reps Mrs B. We alternate our Wednesday sessions between hill reps and intervals.

Thanks Steve, I agree that heavy weights are for sprinters and not "Racing Snakes!"
It's looking hopeful from your chest xray that there is nothing serious. Well done for continuing to get out for a run, no matter how short or slow.

I've got a dental appointment this morning, so I'll use that as an excuse for a rest day.
May 2023
9:18am, 11 May 2023
8,977 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Morning all. Well done again Steve, distance and pace don't matter, getting out and doing it does.

Yes hillstrider I was alone, all my running is solo.
May 2023
1:07pm, 11 May 2023
20,381 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
The rain when it comes seems to be torrential here too, I didnt get home until late last night as the rain was ridiculous. At least a treadmill avoid such issues. Well done MrsB

Hope all is good with the x-ray Steve and helps get you to a place that you feel safer running, and get back to kms, 2.3m is almost 4k!

Hope all goes well at the dentist hs, I really MUST make an appointment.

Still ticking away here but shorter and with more rest days. I also MUST go to the doctors to make an appointment as getting through on the phone is impossible. I did a double day yesterday as I was in the office and its a double day today too. Ran with geordiemum at lunchtime and out with my side kick, Mags, tonight (the two of them in Monday's photo)
May 2023
2:59pm, 11 May 2023
3,256 posts
  •  
Lesley C
That sounds like a great set of intervals FF - might try that one. Have you tried a club? I like going, it's social and pushes you trying to beat others. Or maybe you like being alone? I know a few folk like that.

Hope all goes well with the x-ray Steve.

Don't blame you Mrs B for using the treadmill.

Hope all was fine at the dentist HS. I went for a checkup yesterday - all fine.

Getting appointments at the doctor's is so hard GG. Good running there.

Hoping to get out tonight, will be easy. Starting to feel nervous for race on Sunday.
May 2023
3:02pm, 11 May 2023
8,979 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Lesley C, I work evenings and the local club meet in the evenings and just do social runs. They did do some track training last year in an evening though. My only social training is parkrun, chasing people and chatting afterwards.
May 2023
3:04pm, 11 May 2023
3,257 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Working evenings makes it hard then FF. Parkrun is very social, chasing folk down is fun 😊.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000