•  
geordiegirl
Bathroom done & packing sorted. I’ll run easier tomorrow now thanks Lesley
May 2023
10:48am, 18 May 2023
6,096 posts
  •  
steve45
Lots of fine running by everyone. Can't say the same for me. Haven't run since Sunday. Dizziness and vertigo has been too uncomfortable to feel safe, on going caused by medication. Won't go into that! Frustrating when it's fabulous outside.
May 2023
10:59am, 18 May 2023
11,288 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Great that you are back Steve! We were all worried as we hadn't heard from you for several days. I hope that you will be able to run again soon, no matter how slow or far.

I ran a solo, hilly road 5k this morning, which was supposed to be a recovery run after yesterday's hill reps session. Unexpectedly, I was feeling good, and ran much quicker than intended.

I've got a routine dental appointment this afternoon☹️
May 2023
11:21am, 18 May 2023
3,397 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Good to hear from you Steve and fingers crossed the vertigo will pass soon.
My race went as well as possible considering build up etc. 60:59. Considering I’ve only been doing around 31 for park runs I was expecting 64.

I’m envious of your cleaning GG I never get the urge to clean 🤣
Well done on your 5k HS.
May 2023
11:39am, 18 May 2023
9,024 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Good to hear from you again Steve.

Well done hillstrider, it's surprising that we sometimes feel quite spritelya day after a harder training session.

Nice result LL, we all had confidence in you even if you didn't. :-)

I've been out this morning, 40 minutes later than I wanted to be but still managed 10.22miles in an hour and 26 minutes. I was going to go further and run slower but time conspired against me and I couldn't cut the route any shorter after I'd committed myself.
May 2023
11:44am, 18 May 2023
20,410 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Great to hear from you Steve fingers crossed you get the meds sorted soon.

Brilliant running LL as ff said we believed in you.

Great running ff & hs. I did 4.6 this morning and out with geordiemum later.

I love a clean tidy house but not in it long enough to notice but it was nice when the kitchen pinged at me this morning.
May 2023
6:12pm, 18 May 2023
11,293 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done LL, that's a very impressive time.

Well done FF, that was a good pace run.

Well done for this mornings run GG.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments on my training.
May 2023
9:00am, 19 May 2023
6,097 posts
  •  
steve45
Thanks everyone for your good wishes. I felt good enough to pull my socks up this morning and couldn't miss getting out under such a blue sky. I've been waiting for these days! Did a mere 2miles having forgotten my plan to do things in Kms !! Will have to put up with a certain level of light headedness apparently. Nice along a mile of river trail .
Good training as usual hs, a 5k hilly run sounds the bizzniss! Hope the dentist appointment went ok

Well done on your race LL, with a three minute better than target you're doing well.
10.22 miles FF, what a fine effort, getting out later made you get your skates on with a good time there.

Nice that you're getting out with GM gg. Housework training going well too!😂. Slow build up required!!
May 2023
10:11am, 19 May 2023
11,299 posts
  •  
hillstrider
That's very good news that you have been out for a 2 miles run this morning Steve! As I've previously mentioned, I always run in k's. This means that I have run more than 100k so far this month. A long way off 100 miles, but it sounds good 🙂
The dental appointment went ok thanks; I was only in the chair for about 10 minutes. The Hygienists these days do most of the work.

A rest day today, just the usual Friday Farmers Walk.
May 2023
7:36am, 20 May 2023
3,263 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Well done LL, glad you beat your target.

Nice to see you doing some miles Steve. Hope the dizziness settles down soon.

I like a clean house, not easy here. The wee man likes picking random things off bushes and trees when out and about so they end up everywhere. There are also toys lying about. I did get the dusting and the bathrooms done yesterday, still need to hoover.

Weather has been good the last few days, hot though. I ran on Thursday evening and it was roasting, not used to it. Will get out at some point this weekend.

Have a good one everyone 🙂.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000