1000 miles in 2024

1 lurker | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
May 2023
8:56pm, 5 May 2023
20,363 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
That sounds like a great run Lesley and I hope the rain holds off.
May 2023
10:21am, 6 May 2023
6,078 posts
  •  
steve45
Not a pleasant morning out there, a pity for all those watching the parade in London or having street celebrations. Still the same old British weather and yeah, it was chilly in the rain but I did 5k. An improvement!
Hope the park run went well with you as director Lesley, I'm guessing you needed thermals.
Huge changes over the years gg in what I've seen even locally and which have been mirrored nationwide. However there have been winners and losers bird wise. I began birdwatching when I was just 10 years old and collecting bird's eggs was beginning to be frowned upon hs. It did however spawn interest in the natural world and though damaging to some extent was not anywhere near the institutional, widespread destruction of habitats which have continued to this day.
Hope everyone's park runs have gone well and that's a wise ending of your streak gg, your body/fitness will thank you for it!
May 2023
10:26am, 6 May 2023
8,946 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
I hope I don't upset anyone by saying it's a beautiful glorious morning here but will change soon. Blue skies and sunshine with little to no breeze. Terrific conditions for a parkrun SB 🤞 I hope the email I'm waiting for confirms that.
Well done for your 5k Steve and I hope everything went well at your parkrun Lesley and you weren't too cold.
May 2023
10:33am, 6 May 2023
20,367 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Don’t be saying that FF! 🤣 but I’m glad it’s fine for you.

It’s dry here at the moment and praying the forecast is wrong for the street party later.

I’ll endeavour to do a couple of miles later failing that out with my pal tomorrow.
May 2023
11:36am, 6 May 2023
11,157 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I hope your stint as parkrun director went ok Lesley.

Well done Steve for your 5k, you are definitely making progress.

I hope that you did get a parkrun SB this morning FF.

I hope the rain holds off for your street party GG.

Conditions couldn't have been worse for this mornings parkrun. Continuous heavy rain and muddy puddles most of the way round. The turnout was impressive, considering the conditions. Many of us wore red white and blue, in honour of the Coronation. I was pleased with my, 29.52, and to be honest, quite enjoyed the run. It was challenging, to say the least.
May 2023
2:59pm, 6 May 2023
8,949 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Well done for your parkrun hillstrider in not perfect conditions.
I did get a SB with a time of 21.21, 19 seconds away from a course best, that will be hard to achieve but I won't be giving up yet.
It started raining here just after midday.
May 2023
4:14pm, 6 May 2023
20,370 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
That’s great park running hs and FF! Well done.

We did shopping and a trip to the garden centre looking at garden furniture then home. I was going out but I’ve got a bit of a poorly tummy (long standing medical issue) and achy back so did yoga instead running with my friend tomorrow which will be nice and steady

Rained just as H went out to cut the lawns but it was a short and light shower fingers crossed for the rest of the night.
May 2023
8:35pm, 6 May 2023
3,378 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Well done FF and HS on great parkruns.
Mine was slow and awful but ankle was ok.
Think my body took a battering when I fell.
Pleased nothing hurt though.
Hope the Run directing went well Lesley and well done on your decent training.

5k Steve 👍
My granddaughter wanted to be a part of history so we were in Hyde park for the coronation drenched to say the least.

Hope your Tum troubles sort themselves
out GG.
May 2023
9:51am, 7 May 2023
6,082 posts
  •  
steve45
Hope that poorly tum has gotten better gg and that the street party went ahead; the persistent rain all morning here cleared up at 2pm and it was a decent afternoon. No parties around here though.
Sounds like your park run was quite a celebratory event hs, pretty good time you did and well in the 60% WAVA thing.
I thought you'd do a sb FF! Well done and that cb can't be far away the way things are going for you lately.
Slow and awful run LL. But heck, you did it with that fall and bashing still quite fresh.
Awful?! I did another 5k this morning and it was absolutely awful. Nothing in terms of enjoyment to be found and goodness knows why I bother sometimes! Got my chest x ray on Tuesday so in a couple of weeks should know if my respiratory system is ok.
May 2023
12:02pm, 7 May 2023
11,171 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done for your SB FF.

I hope your poorly tummy is feeling better now GG, and that the street party went ahead as planned.

I'm glad to hear that your ankle was ok during your parkrun LL, although you said it was slow and awful. It can take quite a while to shake off the effects of nasty falls.
I hope that you and your granddaughter enjoyed watching the Coronation despite getting drenched!

The parkrun organisers did a good job with the celebrations Steve, with lots of bunting etc and requesting us to wear red white and blue where possible. It's a shame that no official photos were taken. My WAVA was 65.85% so quite respectable in the adverse weather conditions

Well done for running another 5k this morning, despite feeling awful.

I hope that your xray on Tuesday doesn't show up "any nasties."

Thanks everyone for your "well dones," they are appreciated.
I ran a solo hilly 5 miles on roads this morning at an easy pace, as we are intending to run the half marathon distance tomorrow over a multi terrain course. There will be some road, so trail shoes probably won't be suitable. The forecast is heavy rain, so it should be fun 😀

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000