2 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
May 2023
3:54pm, 2 May 2023
3,252 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Good running everyone!

Was jealous of the sun you had at the weekend GG. Well done completing RtS. I always worry about cows too.

A mile is a mile Steve, good to see you are getting out. Hope the hip injury heals soon.

I did 12 miles on Saturday again, no parkrun though. It was faster than I was wanting but when your running with others it does make it easier. My knee did niggle a bit from half way, it was fine later on once I stopped and walked a bit. Core and row yesterday and another 6 this morning - 3k at HM pace and 3K at 10k pace - with 2 mins recovery, knee was fine. It was cold but a lovely morning, nice and light at 5.30 too, love the light mornings.
May 2023
4:13pm, 2 May 2023
20,333 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
If it's in front of me, it's in miles - if it's behind me, it's in km. That way, halfway through a marathon, I've already done 21 and there's only 13 left to go. #JediMindTricks

I like this! I do have various strategies to get me through the tougher times in a run / race I tend to count in fractions but Iโ€™ll be using kmโ€™s behind me in future.

We have been lucky with the weather after Friday compared to home. Some great activities and running there Lesley hope the knee continues to be good.
May 2023
8:52am, 3 May 2023
6,070 posts
  •  
steve45
I think this km idea is good for me to try...I like that trick of yours AndyS.
So far so good hs!! Continuing to run for as long as possible ---well---you're already eclipsing the majority of folks and the way you're going there's more to come. Rest days are important for everyone and so many people shy away from them thinking that to get desired results requires more training. Not so. But enough of that..I can't personally relate runs or rest days to my measley current programme, but thanks everyone for your on going encouragement.
Fabulous miles and workouts Lesley, somewhere along the line your more difficult times seem to have just disappeared and yeah, these light mornings are the best. 10c here this morning and light nice and early for a 1.5 mile plod, yippee and increase from one mile!
And a fabulous distance there gg being ultra cautious I hope with those cows around.
Good on you and your companions wearing red white and blue on Saturday hs.
May 2023
1:53pm, 3 May 2023
11,124 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done for your 12 and 6 mile runs Lesley.

Thanks Steve, it's true that recovery days are essential, but I admit that in the past I have run when I shouldn't have. Well done for increasing your distance covered this morning.

There was just me and the Sarah's running this morning. We did a pyramid session up a forest hill, which the club has named "The Tyrol". Instead of time "steps" we placed 4 markers, equal distance apart, which took us from bottom to top of the hill. We did 5 sets, with 90 seconds recoveries between sets.
May 2023
8:18am, 4 May 2023
6,072 posts
  •  
steve45
Excellent punishment again hs๐Ÿ˜‚ I know that I too have not utilised rest days properly over the years and only took a rest day if I was shattered. Not the way to do it! These days it's nearly all the equivalent of rest days for me while I still wait for some answers!
Had my shingles jab yesterday and ouch was it painful going in, probably the nastiest jab I've had . Nurse said it was a nasty one compared with covid and 'flu. No side effects though. I had shingles about ten years ago and was uncomfortable and sore for six weeks. Ugh

I ran to kilometres this morning which was enlightening and a fun change. Ok it was only 3k but psychologically better than the number one in miles!!
Great to be out in summer gear at last even though my hands got chilled in the north east wind
May 2023
9:46am, 4 May 2023
11,134 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Steve, it was a competitive session. We increased the pace between markers, so we were running "flat out" between the third and fourth to the hill top.

Ouch, that shingles jab did sound painful! Good though that you haven't had any side effects.

I'm glad that you found running in k's beneficial. I've run in k's for several years, but fetch records distances in miles, so the best of both worlds.

This morning was a 1.5 mile walk ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™‚๏ธ. I walked to the voting station, and then to the supermarket to buy a paper. That's my rest day ๐Ÿ˜
May 2023
11:24am, 4 May 2023
8,931 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
I don't know if you both know you are able to change your preferences to km from miles on Fetch if you prefer.

7.1 windy miles this morning for me.
May 2023
11:36am, 4 May 2023
11,138 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks FF, I did know ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Well done for your windy run this morning.
May 2023
12:38pm, 4 May 2023
6,075 posts
  •  
steve45
Yeah, I knew that too thanks FF. I like miles, and pounds and ounces!! But I liked seeing a number other than one or two showing on my Garmin ๐Ÿ™‚
May 2023
1:07pm, 4 May 2023
20,350 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
It is a tad blustery today but a pleasant 4m to collect some food for the last couple of days here. Added a good weight to my pack.

Well done for another excellent training session hs, Iโ€™d not manage that!

Great mileage FF youโ€™re flying for sure! And Steve glad no side effects from your jab and great the kmโ€™s are giving you a boost on your run. Keep up the great work.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000