1000 miles in 2024

4 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
May 2023
10:00am, 8 May 2023
6,084 posts
  •  
steve45
Just weights etc today.. but the visible impact is never obvious! Never had a six pack or biceps 😂 Great thing is that overall I maintain strength and mobility.
May 2023
4:45pm, 8 May 2023
11,178 posts
  •  
hillstrider
On the subject of weights Steve, a few years ago, I was in a position at work where I didn't have much time for running at lunchtime, so I reduced my running, and used the gym. I used free weights and the machines, and my body did change. The flip side was that I put on quite a bit of weight, which reflected in my running. I felt that I was running like a cart horse. I don't do weights now, but do do press ups, front planks and a range of stretches, squats, lunges etc which seems to work.

This mornings multi terrain run with the Monday Group was 14 miles. The furthest I have run this year. It was tough with on and off rain, and the terrain a mixture of mud, deep pools, wet grass, roots etc. We managed to navigate with a minimum of road, probably no more than a mile.
May 2023
5:57pm, 8 May 2023
3,381 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
You're a machine HS big well done. I went out on my bike as still not feeling like running. I did just shy of 15 and it has motivated me to finish last years challenge to John O'Groats.
I may try a little trot tomorrow.
Evangel if you are about let us know how you're doing.
May 2023
7:53pm, 8 May 2023
20,376 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Well done both of you again showing how it should be done.

I have had time where I’ve done lots of HIIT/cardio/weights sessions I totally see a benefit in my running when I do but I’ve lost my workout area (garage) and it’s so much harder now to do it. I do try to do some yoga/stretches a couple of times a week - better than nothing.

I’ve been out with my mam and best friend today mam did 6 & we did 7 very (very) wet miles. My mam wasn’t keen on going she is a dry weather runner - but the FOMO knowing we’d still be going got her out. She really enjoyed it.

Sending hugs LL, hopefully the challenge gives you a reason to get back out just take it easy.
May 2023
10:14am, 9 May 2023
11,184 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Sorry to hear that you still don't feel like running LL, but well done for your long cycle ride which seems to have motivated you again.

It's good to hear that lifting weights etc does benefit your running GG.

Nice that your mam enjoyed her run with you and your best friend. Thanks for posting that lovely photo.

No running for me today, just the usual Tuesday Farmers Walk.
May 2023
10:22am, 9 May 2023
3,383 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Nice one GG Mam & co. Can be fun running in the rain when it’s not too cold.
I managed A 4 mile Fartlek today and enjoyed mixing it up.
May 2023
10:54am, 9 May 2023
11,186 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done LL for this mornings fartlek run. They are very beneficial, and a nice change from structured intervals, hiĺl reps etc.
May 2023
3:59pm, 9 May 2023
3,255 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Hope you are feeling better now GG.

Good to see Steve getting in some miles.

Glad you enjoyed your run LL, mixing it up does make it more enjoyable.

That's good miles there HS, 14 is alot.

Well done on your Season's best FF, hope you manage to break your course record.

Parkrun went well on Saturday, we did have one guy who appeared from nowhere in the middle of it, he crossed the line in 3rd - he had a barcode but it was a fake number. Very odd. I deleted him from the results. I did a run while setting up - I don't like that but had to be done.

It's race week for me - hopefully it stops raining before Sunday. 5 easy miles this morning in the rain, and of course it stopped when I got home (only for a wee while though).
May 2023
7:04pm, 9 May 2023
4,170 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
Oh my goodness. Went out for a run because I spotted a bit of blue sky. It didn’t last. I don’t mind thunder, lightning and torrential rain but the hail was most unwelcome!
May 2023
2:00pm, 10 May 2023
11,201 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done MrsB for running in such hostile conditions.

This morning was an interval session on grass comprising:- 5 x 100 metres, 30 seconds recoveries, 4 x 200 metres, 30 seconds recoveries, and 2 x 400 metres, 60 seconds recoveries. Run out and run back.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000