1000 miles in 2024

1 lurker | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
May 2023
2:56pm, 4 May 2023
11,143 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done GG for your pleasant 4 miles in blustery conditions.

Thanks for your encouraging comments. I'm sure that you could do such a session with runners of similar abilities. The competive instincts kick in, especially if they are many years younger.
May 2023
11:03am, 5 May 2023
11,151 posts
  •  
hillstrider
No run today, just the usual Friday Farmers Walk.
May 2023
11:06am, 5 May 2023
8,936 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Rest day here too hillstrider.
I will try and get to parkrun tomorrow though.
May 2023
11:08am, 5 May 2023
3,372 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
I took another tumble on Wednesday a bit shaken sore ankle and a few cuts and bruises.
The good news is I didn’t break anything.

Total rest yesterday and 40 mins in my bike today. Hoping to parkrun tomorrow.
May 2023
11:11am, 5 May 2023
8,937 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Oh no LL, I'm pleased it wasn't serious but do take care, I hope your ankle is ok to do parkrun tomorrow.
May 2023
11:59am, 5 May 2023
6,076 posts
  •  
steve45
Oh heck LL ..it's the "another" which is a real nuisance so hope the few (that's enough!) cuts and bruises aren't too debilitating. Falling is almost inevitable at some point and shakes us up.
No running for me today because I walked a few miles doing an ornithological survey as usual--one of my other activities which I've done for sixty years. It actually got quite warm , even too warm during the morning but my wife did a 13 miler with friends. Keeps me jealous of distance!
May 2023
2:11pm, 5 May 2023
20,359 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Oh no LL I hope you’re ok. I know from my mam how it’s shaken her confidence after a couple of falls

I have ended my streak today. I was tempted to just do a mile to keep it going but realistically I know rest days are important.

We were heading home in the morning but the forecast wasn’t great today abs after a few heavy showers we’ve decided to head back today. I don’t even think we’ll risk walking Ellie first as when it comes it is very heavy and thundery. I’ll hopefully get out with my mate tomorrow.

How wonderful you’ve done the ornithological surveys so long Steve! Are you seeing big changes? I expect you are sadly
May 2023
3:40pm, 5 May 2023
11,155 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that you have had another tumble LL, but glad that nothing was broken. Be careful if you do do the parkrun though.

We've all had falls whilst running, and I've had my share.

That's a very interesting activity Steve, and for so many years. I believe its illegal to collect birds eggs nowadays, but my grandfather used to collect them, and seemed to know all their "songs."

I see that you have now ended your streak GG. That was a wise decision, as rest/recovery days are very important.

Tomorrow's weather forecast isn't looking too good for tomorrow, which is unfortunate for the Coronation Parade. It rained on the Queens Parade too, back in 1953. I watched it on a neighbours 9" TV in grainy black and white.
May 2023
7:18pm, 5 May 2023
20,362 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
My mum told me that it was heavy rain for the Queens coronation she said she was 8yrs old and remembers the Queen of Tonga being totally unfazed by it.
May 2023
7:42pm, 5 May 2023
3,254 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Oh no LL, that's not so good. Take care.

That sounds interesting Steve.

Good to see you still doing intervals and speed work HS. Your sessions sound good.

I got out last night, some easy miles with a beginner group. Giving encouragement and chat as we went along.

I am RD at Parkrun tomorrow, weather isn't looking great and it's not going to be very warm. I was hoping to ditch the thermals but can't yet.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000