1000 miles in 2024

5 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
Oct 2022
8:38am, 18 Oct 2022
18,986 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
your knee issue sounds similar to what my mum had earlier this year, it took a long time to get over it (sorry that isnt helpful) but hopefully that she is now back running pretty consistently means you have the same when it eventually sorts itself out Evangel

She was doing lots of strengthening exercises, squats, lunges and hamstring stretches (advised by the physio)
Oct 2022
9:11am, 18 Oct 2022
19,384 posts
  •  
3M (aka MarkyMarkMark)
That sounds a bit of a pain, Evangel. Literally and figuratively. :( Knees are "funny things" I've decided - mine hurt randomly whether I run or not (!) but hope yours settles back down and behaves itself for you soon.

The one constant in "fixing" knees (in fact, just about any muscular-skeletal type ailments) seems to be squats. (I hate squats!)
Oct 2022
9:15am, 18 Oct 2022
18,987 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I love a squat single leg still work in progress.
Oct 2022
12:11pm, 18 Oct 2022
5,759 posts
  •  
steve45
What a nuisance with that knee not yet right Evangel. I can't remember if you said you'd seen a physio or had an x ray or anything...?
I've been doing squats with weights for years but to keep my glutes healthy. Hasn't made a damned bit of difference to my running!
Nice distance again in the forest hs , I'm guessing you'll be holding back on some hard stuff now with your race coming up.
Walking is nice FF! Good for you to have a running break!
Out into the dark for four miles again; what a temperature change this morning, down from 13c to 5c

Running on trails in darkness hours is pretty safe for me hs, my head torch shines a fantastic beam and in some ways makes it safer under foot than when it's light! I've been running roads where there is habitation because of worrying about what might happen if I keel over!
Oct 2022
2:05pm, 18 Oct 2022
2,881 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
5 ish miles today leaves me only 2 behind last months total so getting back on schedule.

I got home on 4.92 and thought of all you round up freaks and ran up the road only to forget my lap wasn’t on so ended up 5.01 🤣
Oct 2022
2:12pm, 18 Oct 2022
18,993 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Lol LL that is funny.

I escaped at lunchtime and got 4m in, had planned to run first thing but seems an early night makes me less likely to get up early.
Oct 2022
2:58pm, 18 Oct 2022
3,480 posts
  •  
Evangel
LL, I suppose you then did another 0.99 to round up to 6, or did you decide on another 4.99 to bring it to 10?!!

Thanks for your encouraging words, guys - and guyesses.
Oct 2022
3:07pm, 18 Oct 2022
9,174 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Steve, I used to do squats with heavy dumbbells, but when I moved to my current address in 2012, I managed to leave them behind. I also had lighter dumbbells which I used for upper body, but left them behind also☹. I've never replaced them.

Thanks, that run wasn't far off 10 miles, so hopefully, my knee shouldn't cause too many problems on race day. I'll probably be doing hill reps tomorrow with my usual Wednesday friends, but won't be pushing too hard.
I assumed that you ran with a head torch. I have one, but haven't used it for several years, as I don't run at night or early morning nowadays.

Well done for your 5.01 miles Lesley😁 My excuse, as I've mentioned before for not rounding up, is that I run in k's, although Garmin Connect and fetch record them in miles. Good that you are getting back on schedule.

Well done for your lunchtime run GG. I used to run in my lunchtime when I was working, and in the mornings at weekends.
Oct 2022
3:38pm, 18 Oct 2022
3,032 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Well done everyone, some good running and walking going on.

Very frustrating when your knees are hurting and nothing helps. Hope race day is ok HS and your return to running isn't too long Evangel.

I always like to try and round up my runs, I like to run in miles too.

Hoping to get out later, it will be the usual when I get home - one grumpy wee boy (tired after two days at nursery) and one grumpy Dad moaning about me going out. I have had two hard days at work I need a run on a Tuesday evening.

I don't mind an early morning run, better when it's daylight mind you. It's so peaceful and its great. 5.15 is maybe a little too early though ;-)
Oct 2022
3:52pm, 18 Oct 2022
7,181 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Well done for your 5.01 miles Lesley😁 My excuse, as I've mentioned before for not rounding up, is that I run in k's, although Garmin Connect and fetch record them in miles. Good that you are getting back on schedule.

hillstrider you are able to change your settings in Fetch to km if you prefer km to miles.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000