1000 miles in 2024

8 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
Oct 2022
7:30pm, 15 Oct 2022
9,149 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Evangel, you are right, that's why I'm cutting back on the running days.

I'm glad to hear that you are making good progress now.

Thanks LL. I hope your jab goes ok and you don't have any side effects.

Thanks 3M, I like passing on my running experience to our young club runners. I'm old enough to be a great grandfather to our youngest runners 😁 They are amazed that we didn't have Garmin Watches, chip timing, race results the same day etc.

Thanks FF, my first 3 Covid jabs had no side effects. It was only this one that did. I was wondering whether it was because I had the flu jab at the same time, in the same arm.

Thanks Lesley, we all seem to be effected in different ways with these jabs.

Well done for your 49th parkrun. I agree that trees etc can effect the GPS signals, and I believe that they only measure straight ahead, so the extra distance running the bends isn't registered.
Oct 2022
10:11am, 16 Oct 2022
5,753 posts
  •  
steve45
Lots going on for you gg, the Glencoe trip sounds extra special.
Fabulous miles almost becoming usual FF and with quite a pace too.
What Xmas Eve park run targets LL! That's some commitment.
You're back to good consistent training and impressive park running Lesley.
Hope that the marathon gives you a good outcome today 3M.
Your miles and efforts remain inspirational hs and possibly reduced running days will make little difference to your general pace and times. Now I'm the youngest of the old codgers here at 73 and there's no absolute certainty that my recent reduced ability was caused by a dose of covid in 2020, another dose in July this year, covid jabs or just the annoying consequences of advancing years! The cardiologist I recently saw hinted that aside from anything amiss with my heart (not known yet!) that I ought to be paying attention to the natural slowing down process. Like you hs, with over 40 years of running under our belts it's worth considering....but I don't like it!
Remain cautious with that return Evangel.
Oct 2022
10:26am, 16 Oct 2022
18,970 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Brilliant t to see you returning to some running Ev fingers crossed it strengthens and you’re back to full runs soon.

Excellent parkrunning LL & Lesley

It must be hard for you older chaps who have ran consistently well for all those years to have your bodies slow down but you’re still out there doing it and that is truly amazing. My mam is 78 she only started running at 69 and she loves being out. She was going to run today but her knee is niggling a bit so she’s listening and has decided not to run today.

Good luck for the mara 3M

Excellent long miles again FF hope you’re having a good weekend.

I didn’t run yesterday I did get some housey stuff done going to head out later for a few miles but it’s flipping windy out there today. I have offered to lead a social run with club in a few weeks so I’m going to reccie a route ti do with them through the woods but the rain we’ve had last few days I think it may be a tad muddy.
Oct 2022
3:34pm, 16 Oct 2022
3,475 posts
  •  
Evangel
Thanks to so many of you, for your encouraging words of 'welcome back'. I hope I can continue to get back some running fitness. All the best success for all of you doing races shortly.
Oct 2022
11:58am, 17 Oct 2022
5,756 posts
  •  
steve45
Your Mam is a star gg and what an inspiration after starting running in her sixties. I think it was undoubtedly easier running through the decades than taking it up later and don't think I could have done it. Hope her knee eases up.
You have a lot of things going on running wise...when is your bunnion surgery?
Mild morning, up at 5.15am to enjoy the last couple of weeks of pitch dark mornings before the clocks change. Four miles on roads was okay ish..!
Oct 2022
12:17pm, 17 Oct 2022
9,162 posts
  •  
hillstrider
That's amazing GG, your mam starting running at 69, I'm sure that I couldn't have. I hope her knee soon feels better.

I hope you soon get your running fitness back Evangel.

Well done for a very early run this morning Steve, in the pitch dark. Probably wise running on roads, as trails would be a bit dodgy in the dark.

I ran 8.77 miles in the forest with 3 running friends this morning. My knee started to ache during the last couple of miles, so I had to slow down a bit.
Oct 2022
12:46pm, 17 Oct 2022
18,976 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I tell her that she argues with me thanks for the support.

We’re supposed to be running tonight but just in case I zipped out for 3 at lunchtime. The WIND! It made an easy recovery run feel like a interval workout.

My surgery is 6th December all being well Steve, hoping I’m doing the right thing my sports massage guy said I am as the worse it gets it will affect my gait and consequently my knees, hips etc. and it does cause other issues with blisters and puts holes in my trainers!
Oct 2022
11:03pm, 17 Oct 2022
3,479 posts
  •  
Evangel
GG, your mam is brilliant in what she has accomplished, and so are you in the way you have encouraged and helped her.

Today I had another run in short segments interspersed with walking, in trying to get back into running again. It was not very successful as I had pain on the inside of the knee which did not ease - in fact it worsened and also persisted after the run. This will delay my attempt to run again properly!
Oct 2022
8:15am, 18 Oct 2022
7,176 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Very early start for you yesterday Steve.
A nice distance yesterday hillstrider and a shame about your knee.
Very surprised your mam started running at such an age GG, good for her and nice you can run together at times.
Evangel that is very frustrating about your knee. I really do hope you're able to recover soon.
No running for me but plenty of walking. We shall be exploring the promenade along the west coast around Morecambe today.
Oct 2022
8:29am, 18 Oct 2022
2,879 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Well done GMam and good luck with your forthcoming op GG.
Great running in the forest HS
Middle of the night Steve.
That’s disappointing Evangel.
Enjoy your holiday FF.
I had a rest day yesterday but heading out shortly.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000