•  
3M (aka MarkyMarkMark)
geordiegirl, I'm reminded of....
"The woods are lovely,

dark and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep"!

poetryfoundation.org

Hopefully no snow! Hope it goes well and you enjoy it.
Oct 2022
2:46pm, 12 Oct 2022
9,107 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Lovely photos GG.

An interval session this morning on grass with 2 running friends. 4 x 400 metres with 60 seconds recoveries, and 5 x 200 metres with 30 seconds recoveries.
Oct 2022
6:15pm, 12 Oct 2022
18,937 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Sounds like a good session hs

Like that poem but following a very positive interview which overran my plan to go to club is scuppered (it is freezing & wet so no shame really) so off to do a workout and I ‘may’ nip out for a couple of miles with my poles to practice. Happy Wednesday folks.
Oct 2022
9:33am, 13 Oct 2022
5,744 posts
  •  
steve45
Back to your impressive efforts hs! 400 s are beyond me currently..as is anything that raises my pulse too high.

Pity you missed the XC gg but hope the subsequent workout was a good substitute.
Quite mild here this early morning,9c but with thick mist everywhere. Ran with my wife (a weekly together run now hopefully!) along just light enough trails and did 4.3. Real October atmosphere ...carpets of leaves of course ..
I imagine the forest is fabulous hs.
Oct 2022
10:56am, 13 Oct 2022
9,118 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks GG. Unfortunate that you had to miss going to your club, but that very positive interview may make up for it.

Thanks Steve, it was a good session, but I didn't push too hard, except for the final 200 metre effort, which I ran in 1.01 minutes. I'm still being cautious, as the NF10 mile is 2 weeks from Sunday. I won't run that "flat out " as I don't want to aggravate the knee.

Well done for your 4.3 miles on trails this morning with your wife.

It's a lovely sunny 🌞 morning here, but I had decided to have another rest day after yesterdays intervals.

The forest certainly is fabulous at present, and am looking forward to Saturdays forest run. I won't be doing the parkrun, to be on the safe side, as knowing me, I would push too hard.

Making the most of my rest day, I went into the village this morning for a haircut. My hairdresser is also a runner, but she always insists that she is too slow.

An appointment with the Hygienist this afternoon.
Oct 2022
11:29am, 13 Oct 2022
18,943 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I could have made the session but I would have been rushing, it was cold wet & my head was spinning. I mostly neglect the strength work so it was good to do.

Running with my mam tonight and it seems a lovely day out there so looking forward to that one.

Lovely woodland running Steve & your wife and hs enjoy your rest day.
Oct 2022
2:43pm, 13 Oct 2022
7,108 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
I did just over 13 miles this morning but my laptop won't connect to WiFi and so am unable to upload my run or my cycling commutes. Frustrating.
Oct 2022
3:49pm, 13 Oct 2022
3,888 posts
  •  
jelly
Don’t mind me! Just on a world tour of the forums!
Oct 2022
5:06pm, 13 Oct 2022
3,021 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Jelly is trying to get a badge ;-)

Don't neglect strength training GG, I am getting back into it after taking too much time off. Wish I hadn't.

That's nice that you two can run together Steve.

Hope the hygienist went ok HS.

Really annoying when you can't get connected FF.

I was out early this morning with a couple of other ladies, 6.5 miles most of which was with a head torch in the woods. Was really cold, the cars on the streets were frosty.
Oct 2022
10:01pm, 13 Oct 2022
2,865 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Lesley the season is really changing, however it was beautiful here today. Well done on your 6.5.

I thought a little 4 miles would get me a green tick but I am just short so will get out again tomorrow. 13 miles seems a long way at the moment well done FF it will load when it's good and ready.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000