1000 miles in 2024

3 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
Oct 2022
9:08am, 11 Oct 2022
5,738 posts
  •  
steve45
What a wonderful coincidence there LL and what a five mile treat there around the White House!
Yeah, inside lane of tracks is the shortest line!

Absolutely clear, still, big morning for 4.5 miles along roads today. Bit nippy at 4c and a taste of winter to come!

Another good distance there hs at 8.65, nice to be in the forest for most of your runs.
Oct 2022
9:57am, 11 Oct 2022
9,091 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Another good run there Steve on roads, in chilly conditions.

A running rest day today, except for Farmers Walk and usual stretches etc.
Oct 2022
10:45am, 11 Oct 2022
3,017 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Good running everyone. Hope you all had a good weekend.

I did parkrun on Saturday, I ran it in my fastest time since February this year - 28:22. It's a hilly route. Conditions were perfect - not too hot/cold and not windy.

It's been pretty cold the last couple of mornings when I leave for work.

All GPS watches will vary in distance and pace even though you run with someone else they will be different. They are also not as accurate as you may think. We measured the Parkrun course when we were setting up with a wheel (about 5 times) and watches and the course was always longer with a watch.

Our local Parkrun only attracts 50/70 runners so isn't too crowded. Aberdeen beach is lovely and flat but has 200-300 runners - that's too much for me. I much prefer running in the woods than getting blasted in the face by sand anyway.
Oct 2022
11:04am, 11 Oct 2022
9,094 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done for your parkrun Lesley, a good time on a hilly course.

Definitely better running in the woods, than on the beach ⛱️

It was quite chilly here earlier, but the sun is out now, and its warming up 🌞
Oct 2022
1:33pm, 11 Oct 2022
18,926 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Small world LL, and a run round the White House, not everyday you get to do that.

Well done on your parkrun SB, Lesley and great running hs & steve as always.

Our local parkrun is 2.75 loops of a small park, not the widest paths and attracts 350-500 runners I think its one of the real reasons I dont go.

I was out bright and early this morning, repaid with a stunning sunrise :) Chilly so had a jacket on but still in a skort otherwise.

A little bit of mental health (work) therapy so feeling much more positive today. Even the buffoon boss couldn't knock me off my perch this morning.

And ticked off 1100m this year (so far).
Oct 2022
1:33pm, 11 Oct 2022
18,927 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Oct 2022
1:42pm, 11 Oct 2022
7,094 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Those are lovely photo's GG.

Well done Lesley a good quick run is a real boost.

Having read your post earlier this morning hillstrider I ran though one of our local woods this morning. Very nice and peaceful but not very big at all.
Oct 2022
2:57pm, 11 Oct 2022
2,859 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Wow GG fab pictures. Glad you’re feeling brighter.
Well done Lesley nice parkrun. I don’t like the larger events either and try to go to the smaller ones. Nice running everyone.
A last 3.01 for me in Washington before we check out and head home. The 01 wasn’t deliberate 🤣
Oct 2022
9:23am, 12 Oct 2022
5,741 posts
  •  
steve45
Great Park Run Lesley and on a hilly course at that and a nice size number of participants. The most popular Park Run here in Cardiff currently attracts about 500... hasn't got back up to the 1000 of pre covid days; either way it's far far too many people for my liking even though I don't park run!

I find some of the variations on my Suunto and Garmin a nuisance but think it's mainly because of the line I take on the routes!

Farmers Walk is a well entrenched part of your programme now hs and incorporated nicely into ordinary day time activity! I'm doing my weights for half an hour or so- did 5k early this morning and it was considerably warmer.
Those photos are "wow" again gg , almost enough to calm your thoughts re work .
But LL ' s 3.01 is unsettling 😂
Oct 2022
9:36am, 12 Oct 2022
18,935 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
If I get a .01 I take it off in fetch 🤣

Safe travels LL

I did some yoga for backs this morning and am pushing myself out my comfort zone going to club and doing a XC session apparently loops around the woods all at own pace. Headtorch necessary. Excited and terrified in equal measure

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000