1000 miles in 2024

3 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 772.6
25 Sep
12:07pm, 25 Sep 2024
15,990 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Ran 5.76 miles this morning with the Wednesday Group, including 5 x 100, 5 x 200 metres with 30 seconds recoveries and 4 x 400 metres with 60 seconds recoveries. Run out and back. The intervals were on grass round the large field in Dibden Inclosure.

I'm very pleased with this session, as my splits were quicker than in the last session on 31st July.
25 Sep
12:29pm, 25 Sep 2024
12,625 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Another excellent session hillstrider.

I've ran 2 consecutive days and did another 5.2 miles but a different route today. An enjoyable run, no wind and cool, lovely day.
25 Sep
2:18pm, 25 Sep 2024
15,991 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks FF, we worked really hard.

It's always nice to enjoy runs, in good conditions. You are really racking up the miles.
25 Sep
4:09pm, 25 Sep 2024
24,416 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I am zipping by very quickly... just to say that this morning's run took me over the 1000miles.

I am snowed under (in a blizzard) at work and also busy preparing for my mam's 80th birthday party on Saturday and also having to get her to/from her Paras10 attempt which is also on Saturday.... things don't come singularly do they!
26 Sep
2:28am, 26 Sep 2024
58 posts
  •  
JackFW
Congrats to GG and AllyC for the 1000 milestone.

Great running everyone else.

It’s a long holiday weekend in Melbourne with the AFL Grand Final on Saturday at the MCG. Sydney Swans v Brisbane Lions. The last time these teams met in a GF was 1899.

10km completed this morning to work.
26 Sep
8:16am, 26 Sep 2024
7,144 posts
  •  
steve45
You do seem to be enjoying your runs again FF ,with no cba! Great stuff.
Phew to those intervals and only 30 seconds recovery hs. No wonder you have pace.
Great gg to have hit the 1000, a bizzy bizzy few days for you now--- I'm sure it'll all go well.
Well done on your commute JackFW, the run done and dusted for the day. Lucky having the long weekend holiday, all our public holidays are over until Christmas. Hope you enjoy the weekend sport.
A brief outing this morning, 1.5 miles in the dark but a busy day ahead. I'm looking at the second week of November for the 1000!
26 Sep
8:28am, 26 Sep 2024
24,421 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Thanks guys I’ve taken a tea break away from the screen it’s so easy to just sit there constantly

We’ve got heavy rain today praying it will get it out of its system by tomorrow and def for Saturday.

Well done on your continued running Steve and I hope they do have some answers and help for you soon.

A lovely long weekend and a trip sounds great Jack, what a celebration for the two teams I hope your team win.

Sorry for missing your 1000 Ally-C I didn’t have time to check any updates yesterday (it’s beyond ridiculous atm)

I have to agree FF since I said I’m not going to fret about running to a plan/hitting min 100 I’ve felt relaxed about non run days. I’ll get back to focus at some point & meridian I’ll just go on a wing and a prayer.

Fab rubbing from hs as always.

Hope the trip to Santiago is going well Mrs B

You’re doing grand Peter and hope you’re over Covid now.

@Lip Gloss can’t see any more recent updates hope you’re doing good post Covid too and ready for your hols.
26 Sep
8:29am, 26 Sep 2024
10,752 posts
  •  
PeterFay
Well done @geordiegirl and @Ally-C
duo
26 Sep
9:52am, 26 Sep 2024
528 posts
  •  
duo
I hope everyone down south isn't badly affected by the rainfall.

Well done on hitting the targets GG and AllyC. I should hit it by the end of the week, but my back is killing me, so an aborted session last night wasn't good, and now the bad weather has reached us, so we're back to it pouring with rain and 48+mph gusts.

Hopefully, you can get your foot sorted before the marathon Donnie but you've still got a wee way to go before the event. I really enjoyed doing the Yorkshire marathon even though I got overtaken by Peppa Pig. That uphill at the finish is a killer

Good luck to the other marathoners. It's Berlin this weekend and closer to home for me, Loch Ness
26 Sep
10:09am, 26 Sep 2024
4,351 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
@duo good luck for Loch Ness I hope your back will be ok. It looks like a fab marathon. Well done everyone who is closing in or got to 1000 75% of the way for me 🤣
GG Best wishes to your Mam and good luck with the run and the prep.

Sorry no time to comment on all posts.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000