1000 miles in 2024

3 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 772.6
28 Sep
10:19am, 28 Sep 2024
16,013 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I hope so too Duo. If I lived nearer, I'd jog/run with her.

I'm sorry to hear that your back is playing up, so please be careful with this evenings fast session.

Thanks JackFW, my back is feeling much better today, so I might risk an easy pace run tomorrow, in the hope that I will be able to run with the Monday Group on Monday.

Yes,I'm really pleased that my daughter is taking up running. She has already started swimming again, but was put off running many years ago when she turned up at the local running club, and they ran off leaving her way behind them. She never went back. My running club holds couch to 5k sessions which is perfect for beginners, and those returning after injuries, or years away from running.

Well done for todays 36k at marathon pace,, before starting your 2 week taper.

I hope that you enjoy the weekend celebrating your better halfs birthday.

Yes Steve, as I mentioned to JackFW, I'm really pleased that she has enrolled for C25k. I think that it could be something to do with middle age 😁

I thought about physio for my back, but it didn't hurt during Wednesdays session, and doesn't hurt when walking.

Coldest morning here too. My heating came on, but it has warmed up now, and the sun 🌞 is shining.

Well done for this mornings 4 miles with your wife, taking you over 100 miles for the month.

I'm gutted that I will miss next weeks parkrun anniversary, as I have my Covid and flu jabs that morning.

This morning I walked briskly to the supermarket and back to buy a couple of newspapers, and my back was painless 😄 Papers are so expensive these days, so I'm not surprised that sales have declined. It's very rare now to see a paper boy/girl.
29 Sep
9:17am, 29 Sep 2024
7,151 posts
  •  
steve45
Indeed some groups/ running clubs can be like the one your daughter experienced hs. Ego's, rudeness and/or inconsideration still out there.
Pity you'll miss the park run anniversary hs. Can you rearrange?
Newspapers are almost extinct. Inevitable with the price they are and the domination by the internet. I notice that in our local supermarkets the piles of newspapers that were once there have now shrunk to almost nothing. Paper boys and girls long gone around here as have the vendors in the city centre who used to sell the local papers.

A fantastic red sunrise here, undoubtedly that sign before the storm that's been forecast for later today. We did 3.6 miles on trails and it was cold again!
29 Sep
1:31pm, 29 Sep 2024
33 posts
  •  
Donnie1
Yesterday was last my long run before the Yorkshire marathon. Bit of a strange affair, but 'cashed out' at 20.1 miles, although in 4 segments.

Pre parkrun: 10.3 k in 57

Parkrun (time 27. Something)

After parkrun: 17.16 kms but with a 5 minute break whilst popping into the doncaster rovers ticket office.

Not sure how it went, holding it together at the end but don't think I'm in shape for a 4 hour marathon. Something mechanical isn't fully working in my right foot, must do more stretching.

Ytd: 753.9
29 Sep
2:14pm, 29 Sep 2024
16,028 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I suppose I could rearrange the day of my jabs Steve, but I'd rather get them over and done with, than possibly wait another week or two.

I only buy newspapers on non running days, as I get the exercise by walking/Farmer walking to the supermarket.

Well done for this mornings 3.6 miles on trails.

Well done for yesterday's long run Donnie 1, the last before the Yorkshire Marathon. Have you done it before? I do hope that you get your foot sorted out before Marathon day.

I ran a solo 4.43 miles this morning, the first after 3 walking days. It went better than expected, with no back pain 😄 It was very cold, but still in t-shirt and shorts, plus the ever present cap. It won't be long before the arrival of the woolly hat and gloves.

30 Sep
9:03am, 30 Sep 2024
7,153 posts
  •  
steve45
There's all sorts of conflicting opinions on stretching of any kind these days. With a marathon coming up your foot might need to be looked at Donnie1 but it might just hold up anyway! Fingers crossed for you.
Glad your back is better hs. Nice pics from a good four miler. T-shirt?! Twas too brrr for me in just short sleeves because I don't run quickly enough to heat up .
Unpleasantly damp along the trails today with a lot of fallen branches and puddles.Did 3.3 with my wife picking up the branches here and there .
30 Sep
11:28am, 30 Sep 2024
24,458 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I am so out of touch.... I've had the busiest of weekends, even at my normal standard!

Mam managed to get around the Paras10, her goal since her 75th birthday 5 years ago and that it fell on our birthday weekend made it tougher with other celebrations, but special too. They announced that there was an 80yr old woman on the course and as the TABbers came past us majority wished her a happy birthday, told her she was a legend and totally lifted her spirits. Her calf was cramping pretty much all the way (after 1/2m in) We got home fora quick turnaround and celebrated at our house with family and close friends (so grateful for the help of MiL, auntie & cousin who sorted the catering and hubby & friends who did the gazebos) Yesterday we put the house back to normal then hubby took me out for a meal to celebrate my birthday (I was so tempted to just put PJ's on and sleep) I will blog eventually.

You guys have also been super busy, glad little man is on the mend Lesley I would love to do Loch Rannoch some time such a stunningly beautiful place.

How is your back hs? I hope the rest is helping. Brilliant to hear your daughter is signing up for C25k, be fabulous if you can run together when you next meet up with her. Absolutely gutted for her experience at running club but sadly it is often the case in a group that should be encouraging they can be far from it. Does she have a local parkrun? Sorry you will miss your parkrun anniversary but getting the jabs is so important. Lovely photos too.

Hope your dad is ok Loo and I am sure your training will get you round the 10k, hope you enjoy it all the same.

If you're not running to get a PB then enjoy the scenery & atmosphere Donnie and get the foot sorted. My friend has asked me to do it with her but I just have so much on I couldn't fit it in, one of these years though as I do love York. Hope you had a fab boating holiday in France. Interesting re the tonic Duo, my mam is struggling with cramps as mentioned above I'll tell her to try some tonic.

Hope your other half had a lovely birthday weekend and a fabulous run on race pace, hope you managed to rehydrate Jack.

Well done on your continued chipping away Steve and to be treat to a red sunrise - beautiful.

I missed my 100m for the month target this month due to covid earlier in the month, but I am almost at 90 and I'll get a few more in later today. I could push to get the 11 I need but I'm far too tired. Its funny how we get all tied up in arbutory targets.

I will try to keep up better.... I am now back focusing on the annual conference I am organising for work, roll on next friday (11th)
duo
30 Sep
11:50am, 30 Sep 2024
533 posts
  •  
duo
I hope the wee man continues to improve LC

That's amazing GG - what an inspiration your mum is.

I hope the foot isn't too bad, Donnie. Getting someone to look at it would be for the best.

Good to hear the back is on the mend HS.

All good here, I didn't go out as per my last post but took another day off. Back to it Sat/Sun which has gotten me to target. I'll remove myself from the league but I'll continue to post here if that's ok.
30 Sep
12:05pm, 30 Sep 2024
24,460 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Definitely keep post duo good to hear from you
30 Sep
4:27pm, 30 Sep 2024
16,034 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Steve, I'm glad that you like the photos. I'm lucky that my road running does include some nice footpaths.

Well done for this mornings 3.3 miles on trails with your wife.

That's great news GG, that your mam got round the paras 10 on your birthday weekend. She is definitely a legend! Those are lovely pictures.

My back is ok now thanks. The 3 days rest from running definitely helped. I'm really pleased that my daughter has registered for the couch to 5k, and yes, Aylesbury does have a parkrun which isn't far from where she lives. I'm hoping that she will eventually become a regular there.

I'm sorry that you have just missed out on the 100 miles this month, but you have done really well, having had to miss some training, due to Covid.

Thanks duo, the back wasn't as bad as I had at first thought.

Definitely keep posting on here. This thread has certainly increased the number of posters since RW discontinued the forums.

This morning I ran 7.65 miles on roads with Mike, bringing this months mileage to 100. I had to run the extra 0.65 miles to achieve the 100😏
30 Sep
5:56pm, 30 Sep 2024
4,355 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Your Mam is amazing GG so pleased she completed. Well done on getting your 100 HS. I got to 91 this month which is my best for a while.
Well done Steve and Torey ( hope she's ok now) Well done on your 1000 duo and everyone should stay...

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000