1000 miles in 2024

3 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 772.6
23 Sep
10:32pm, 23 Sep 2024
10,741 posts
  •  
PeterFay
I know I'll not reach 1000m this year (but my progress line is nor running parallel to the break even line)
2025 maybe ...
24 Sep
1:39am, 24 Sep 2024
57 posts
  •  
JackFW
11km to work this morning. A real plod.
24 Sep
9:00am, 24 Sep 2024
7,141 posts
  •  
steve45
Superb walking Mrsb. And Santiago very very soon. I've seen a couple of TV documentaries about people doing that walk. You might not have run for a while but heck, this is so memorable.
Yeah CheekyD, well done on the 700 and hope the next 300 go well.
After your issue Peter you've done remarkably to get back into regular running again.
Thanks Jack, perseverance is always high for me the nearer the target approaches! Except for last year when I failed the thousand was regular. Next year is looking doubtful as I'm having to look at new ways of progressing with less emphasis on distance. I have another consultation with the COVID consultant in November; my progress despite medication intervention is minimal after eight months which is not what I hoped!
5.2 miles on a dry morning with my wife, along trails as usual was ok.
24 Sep
9:46am, 24 Sep 2024
15,983 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks JackFW.

It's good that you are back into running Peter. Here's hoping that 2025 will see you meeting the 1,000 miles target.

Well done JackFW for this mornings 11k plod.

I hope that your consultation with the Covid councillor in November Steve will be productive. You are doing really well with your daily mileage, and are on target for the 1,000 miles.

Well done for this mornings 5.2 miles on trails with your wife.

The usual Tuesday Farmers Walk this morning.
24 Sep
10:32am, 24 Sep 2024
4,051 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Well done on all your runs folks. That's a shame about the foot Donnie, I hope it's better before your marathon.

Hope the consultant appointment goes well Steve, I really would like for you to see an improvement.

Fingers crossed for next year Peter, good to see you here.

Welcome Cheeky's Dad, you have plenty time to make up those 300 miles.

GG will be having a busy week, I am sure you will have a fantastic weekend celebrating.

I did my last long run on Saturday, not as long as I would have liked but it was fine. That's me now tapering, the race is on the 13th of October.

Autumn just suddenly seems to have appeared here, it's colder, and the trees just seem to have changed colour in the last week. The darkness is really coming in too, very dark driving to work this morning.
24 Sep
12:12pm, 24 Sep 2024
12,615 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
It's nice we have such a busy community on the thread again.

Another 5.2 mile run this morning for me. Dull, grey and cool but nice to run in. I'd been expecting rain but the forecast had changed to just a small chance and not a good chance.
24 Sep
3:45pm, 24 Sep 2024
24,397 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
You are all so busy and active, great to see.

Hope you get some answers eventually Steve.

Enjoy the taper Lesley, I have every confidence you'll smash it.

Managed to get 4 in at lunchtime and now only 2m off the 1000, I may zip out after work or I may be sensible and just cross the line tomorrow.
24 Sep
4:13pm, 24 Sep 2024
6,423 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Just realised I’m over 1,000 miles for the year after an injury ravaged June & July.
24 Sep
4:41pm, 24 Sep 2024
15,987 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Good luck Lesley with your race on 13th October. You are wise for starting to taper now.

Well done for this mornings 5.2 mile run FF.

Well done GG for this mornings 4 miles, bringing you to within 2 miles of the 1000.

Congratulations Alley-C for crossing the 1000 mile line.
24 Sep
5:16pm, 24 Sep 2024
7,143 posts
  •  
steve45
Great to see you doing some miles again FF.

I knew you were almost over the line gg! Fabulous.
Well done Ally-C on your 1000.
And of course we'll walked as usual hs to stock up!
Great training Lesley and with the taper now "on" you must be getting excited.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000