1000 miles in 2024

5 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 723.3
18 Sep
3:00pm, 18 Sep 2024
15,939 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Steve, I'm getting used to the longer distance I have to walk back from the supermarket. It's still a bit of a nightmare inside the store, walking up and down the isles trying to find everything. There is a store member walking round with a 'lollipop' "I'm here to help"

I'm glad that Torey is able to walk/run with you whilst awaiting her emergency MRI scan. Well done for this mornings 2 miles on trails, observing bats on the way.

This morning was a hill session with Sarah F, Julie and Mike, with a difference. Instead of 6 reps up the hill and jog down, we did 6 x 800 metres, which was up to the top of the hill, straight ahead for a short distance, left turn, straight ahead, left turn, down the hill, left turn to the start. In simple terms it was an 800 metre circle starting uphill, and going down the other side, with recoveries between each lap. Total mileage 6.65 including run out and back. A very tough session!
18 Sep
3:42pm, 18 Sep 2024
15,940 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I've managed to find the photo of the pig at one of our parkruns a few years ago.
18 Sep
3:43pm, 18 Sep 2024
15,941 posts
  •  
hillstrider
19 Sep
8:42am, 19 Sep 2024
7,137 posts
  •  
steve45
Looks a friendly porker!
4.4 miles along usual trail route this morning. Just light enough to go without head torch. Won't be for much longer unless of course I go out later. But I prefer early mornings!
Didn't see a single runner even though the Cardiff Half isn't far away and that usually brings out more people having a go.
19 Sep
9:00am, 19 Sep 2024
54 posts
  •  
JackFW
HS, did the pig have you covered for speed?

Thanks for the positive words and support, MrHsc.

Steve, I confess I have never ran with a headtorch. I suspect that’s as a result of living a city lifestyle where the light pollution is immense!

11km this morning. It was a real plod after a night in the pub yesterday.
19 Sep
11:59am, 19 Sep 2024
15,947 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I think that it was a friendly pig Steve. Well done for this mornings 4.4 miles on trails.

JackFW, we couldn't get the pig to partake in the parkrun!

Well done for this mornings 11k, after a night in the pub.

I decided to take a running rest day today, as yesterday's session was really tough. Instead, I drove into the village for a haircut.
19 Sep
4:02pm, 19 Sep 2024
4,345 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
I’d be petrified of running near pigs, cows, horses even dogs freak me out since I got bitten. I’d be no good in your forest HS 🤣
19 Sep
6:36pm, 19 Sep 2024
4,046 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Do you have wild horses HS? Pigs aren't too bag, but definitely wouldn't run near cows, have had to a few times.

Well done on all your miles folks.

I went out in the forest on my own on Tuesday, was nice and I felt ok. We had summer back again as it was 20 degrees. Out with the ladies this morning and it was 4 degrees. A beautiful clear morning though and a lovely sunrise.

I would be very bored if I didn't have a head torch, gives me freedom to run out of town in the darkness. I live in a small town.
10:21am
10:21am, 20 Sep 2024
15,953 posts
  •  
hillstrider
That's a shame LL, as forest running is so enjoyable. We are very careful around animals, and can usually anticipate when they are likely to become aggressive.

We don't have wild horses in the forest Lesley, but the ponies do run wild. When one starts galloping all the others follow, so that is rather scary.

I'm glad that you enjoyed Tuesdays solo forest run, and yesterday's with the ladies.

It was the club's last session in the forest last night, so will be back on the roads again.

The usual Friday Farmers Walk this morning.
11:11am
11:11am, 20 Sep 2024
45 posts
  •  
MrHSc
Last long run this morning before the taper and it can’t start too soon, starting to feel the effects of marathon training fatigue in the legs!
19 miles with 9 at marathon pace.

YTD 1077 miles.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000