1000 miles in 2024

4 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 723.3
13 Sep
9:09am, 13 Sep 2024
7,129 posts
  •  
steve45
Sorry, missed your picture Lesley. Lovely dawn view.
I've always been an early riser and like FF I was a milkman in the late 1960's. My ornithological hobby too kept me being an early bird(😂).
We still have a milkman who delivers at 3am! And we have it in good old pint glass bottles.

Well done gg on catching up some miles.
If course I'm going to read your blog Mrsb and glad that your absence from actual running wasn't due to injury. It sounds an epic adventure.
That's a good walk hs... good time to buy stamps before the astronomical increase in price coming up. ( I was also a postman in the early seventies!). It beats me how with all the advanced technology and so called improvements in transport links that the ability to run the post office economically has worsened.
5.3 chilly miles along trails with my wife this early-ish morning. Actually 6.40 am was a bit too late for my liking so we missed the dawn, compensation was glorious sunshine.
13 Sep
10:41am, 13 Sep 2024
4,039 posts
  •  
Lesley C
My dad is an early riser too, he still is even though he has now retired. The milkman often wakes me here delivering to my neighbours at about 3am too.

Stamps are extortionate these days.

Sounds like an fantastic adventure Mrs B, good luck with the new job.

Think I have a cold or worse covid, had a scratchy throat from lunchtime yesterday and today have that and a sore head. Doubt I will be doing my long run as planned tomorrow.

We also woke to a frost this morning, seems too early for that.
duo
13 Sep
12:24pm, 13 Sep 2024
526 posts
  •  
duo
I'm sure I have a parkrun ID bracelet around somewhere but as Steve has said remote running dictates having a phone.

That sounds amazing MrsBW. What an adventure!

I'm such a night owl so rarely see an early morning, just as well I work from home.

No running for me today as my running club's racing season starts again tomorrow with a 4km race.

I watched a mating pair of buzzards on my walk with the dog earlier today. One of the reasons I run is to be outside in all weathers just taking in the view or whatever animals I see on route.
13 Sep
12:53pm, 13 Sep 2024
28 posts
  •  
Donnie1
Interesting about personal safety when running. For many years I never thought about this, bit silly really. My running is all on suburban roads, so never totally away from people. I have a rubber 'parkrun' wrist band with ICE details on. I've started using that all the time.

Steve: you asked about my trainers - you'll recall I was unhappy with a new pair of Asics Nimbus which I'd had in their box for a few years. I've battled on with these although still not a 100% convinced. I suspect I've a minor injury in the heel area or at the very least a stiff calf which is the root of the discomfort and not the shoe.

Out Mon, Tues and Thurs - 5.0, 5.0 and 9.1.

YTD: 693.5
13 Sep
2:34pm, 13 Sep 2024
4,340 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Oh no Lesley I hope it doesn’t get any worse.
13 Sep
2:56pm, 13 Sep 2024
15,901 posts
  •  
hillstrider
It's good to hear from you again MrsB. It sounds like you are having a great adventure.

I was an early riser Steve when I was a paper boy, and had to be first in to mark up the papers for the various rounds. I can't remember what time I had to get up. I get up at 6am every day of the week now, and have done for many years. My milk is delivered in the early hours of the night, in glass bottles but thankfully, I don't hear it.

Well done for this mornings 5.3 chilly miles on trails with your wife.

I'm sorry that you now have a cold Lesley, or worse still, possibly covid. On that subject, I have an appointment for the 5th of October for a covid and flu jab. That is the day before the Club's Half Marathon, so thankfully I hadn't enter it.

Good luck tomorrow duo with the 4k race. You can't beat outdoor running. I feel sorry for those that do most of theirs on treadmills. I can't think of anything more boring. Several months ago, there was a buzzard in my front garden eating a pigeon. There was nothing left by the time it had finished, feathers and all.

Donnie 1, I was the same about security etc and ran solo for many years in the forest. Having said that, there weren't such things as mobile phones, parkrun ice bands etc. I think that it was possible to buy identity bracelets, but I never thought about that.

Well done for your Monday, Tuesday and Thursday runs.

This morning was the Friday Farmers Walk, which is now a half mile. I managed it ok!
duo
13 Sep
6:07pm, 13 Sep 2024
527 posts
  •  
duo
My husband used to wear Cram Tags if anyone remembers them.

Hopefully it's not covid Lesley.

There's a beautiful house I pass when I do one of my trail routes and it has a huge panoramic window with the most beautiful views and every time I pass the owner is on the treadmill facing out at the view. It's such a shame as its in the middle of fantastic scenery and seems like such a wasted opportunity.
13 Sep
6:18pm, 13 Sep 2024
4,273 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
Lesley - get well soon!

Steve45 - thank you for your message prompting me to post here. I am so busy (do nothing) that I forget!

I have become an early riser! Today I had a lie in and didn’t start walking until 6am!
14 Sep
8:34am, 14 Sep 2024
7,130 posts
  •  
steve45
Yeah duo,those Cram tags came about because of the loss of his brother.
Geez, hope that you're not feeling too unwell Lesley and you can fit in a long run when you feel ok.
I'm not surprised you haven't had too many moments to post here Mrsb. Glad that you're walking is part of an adventure and not injury enforced. Enjoy the rest of this epic time.
Chilly morning again and less energy this morning! 5k was enough, my wife was with me or I might have given up! Talking of Torey, her fall which resulted in her wrist and forearm being in plaster for an initial four weeks hasn't healed the broken ligament. Now referred for emergency MRI scan with possible operation in the near future and currently wearing a heavier cast/plaster . (Last October it was a broken ankle!).
14 Sep
8:35am, 14 Sep 2024
7,131 posts
  •  
steve45
Forgot to mention duo, Buzzards mating at this time of year us unusual.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000