1000 miles in 2024

3 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 723.3
14 Sep
9:49am, 14 Sep 2024
24,260 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I will update on all big @Lesley C that’s how mine started I hope you’re ok.
14 Sep
10:17am, 14 Sep 2024
24,262 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
So much going on with you guys well done on all your runs and I will read your blog when I sit still long enough MrsB

I also love seeing wildlife sadly even in our local woods it’s rare. That said we’re at the boat this weekend. Trying to get a photo of a woodpecker yesterday this little dude ran across in front of me

And on our walk yesterday afternoon we saw a black squirrel, there’s quite a lot in Huntingdon this one I’m sure was young and had got himself a sunflower head. He raced across the grass and up the tree.

And I watched it munching away from a good distance but he dropped it. Came down from the tree to find it but it had fallen quite a way away so he went back in tree. I moved it closer and be came for it and was eating on the ground as we left.
14 Sep
10:19am, 14 Sep 2024
24,263 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Also forgot to add we had a hawk take a magpie in our garden a few years ago the noise was horrific from its partner but the magpie didn’t stand a chance wish they’d take more of them they are overtaking our garden.

We have had a squirrel in the last week or so it’s discovered our hazelnut tree.
14 Sep
10:38am, 14 Sep 2024
4,040 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Thanks everyone, feeling a bit better today, mostly just a runny nose. Decided not to run.

The wildlife round here is amazing at times, kites, buzzards, deer, red squirrels and others. I see lots more on the earlier runs. Never seen a black squirrel though. I hear lots of woodpeckers sometimes but hardly ever see them.
14 Sep
11:59am, 14 Sep 2024
15,904 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done Steve for this mornings 5k, and sorry that Tory's fall caused more damage than first thought. I hope that the break doesn't take too long to mend.

Lovely photos GG.

I'm glad that you are feeling a bit better now Lesley, a runny nose and not Covid.

This morning was 6.4 miles, including a virtual parkrun on the forest 5k loop. My two friends both had falls, but thankfully were unhurt and able to keep running. It was chilly when we set off, but soon warmed up. I believe that they will be releasing pigs into the forest from next week, to eat the acorns.
14 Sep
12:06pm, 14 Sep 2024
24,264 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
You def live in the best place for beautiful wildlife and a joy to see red squirrels
14 Sep
9:31pm, 14 Sep 2024
4,342 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
I’ve never even heard of black squirrels.
I get woodpeckers on my garden feeders very striking birds.
Glad you’re not too bad Lesley. Sorry for Tory I’ve been there and got that T.Shirt.

That’s unlucky HS Two fallers. Hope they’re ok.
I did a beautiful parkrun today in Ireland on a trail course so scenic. Not my best time but I have to be super cautious where there are trip hazards. It was my 19th on the Island my 121st different venue.
15 Sep
5:37am, 15 Sep 2024
52 posts
  •  
JackFW
Hey all, I’ve been quite busy lately so have not been around. Hope you’re all well and running.

I’ve missed quite a bit, but I will try to go back and read through the pages when I get a chance.

Great photos, GG. I saw a pelican flying on my run today. For a big bird, they are so graceful when they land in the water. Like a jumbo jet coming into land.

Releasing pigs, HS? Wow. Glad to hear your two buddies are okay.

Glad to hear you’re on the mend, Lesley.

This morning was beautiful running conditions. 8-10 degrees, sun and fresh breeze. Knocked over 32km at marathon pace and felt good. Probably the best run I’ve had in a few months. One month to the marathon.
15 Sep
9:37am, 15 Sep 2024
7,132 posts
  •  
steve45
Two fallers was a bit of hard luck hs but glad they were able to carry on with the run. Sounds a nice forest loop that you do. Is it pigs or wild boars that roam the forest?
Nice running LL and 121st venue is impressive.
Good run of 32k Jack in what were almost perfect conditions. A great time to be feeling good at this stage of your marathon training, looking good for the day.
Nice pics gg, don't forget that Magpies do help to keep the natural balance in what is becoming an unnatural world!
4 .5 miles with my wife this morning, much warmer today than the last couple of days. Half way along the trails we ended up clearing laughing gas canisters and balloons dropped all over the place. Big heavy canisters too . Ok if taking illicit substances is desirable just don't leave the rubbish around afterwards.
15 Sep
10:04am, 15 Sep 2024
24,279 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I adored the pelicans when we were in Oz, we went to a place called The Entrance where people came daily to feed them they all started to appear ages before the feeder and were so patient and polite. We went to see them another day after Covid they announced they weren’t feeding but what they really meant is don’t come and see them. We sat in our campervan and it was a relief to see them being fed as they didn’t know what was going on.

Sorry to hear your friends had falls hs and glad they weren’t hurt. Interested to see how the pigs get on in the forest is it something they do every year?

Well done on your 121st different parkrun. That is impressive Loo

I know they do Steve but them and pigeons are overtaking and we miss the little birds.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000