Par by the end of today is 772.6
26 Sep
10:12am, 26 Sep 2024
24,423 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Sorry for my mistake on LG tag earlier.

It was you Loo I was wondering how you were and got my fetchies mixed up

And also sorry for missing your update duo, loch ness is a fave of mine just a shame it’s so far away.
duo
26 Sep
10:13am, 26 Sep 2024
529 posts
  •  
duo
Oh sorry LL! There are no marathons for me, I don't think I have another marathon in me these days. I was going to do one final one before I hit 50 but left it too late (I'll be 50 early next year).

I think Loch Ness would be the closest marathon to me on that weekend even though it's a four hr drive away
26 Sep
10:15am, 26 Sep 2024
15,995 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Lots of posts today which I have read, but can't comment individually. Everyone is doing really well! Thanks for your comments on my training.

I'm not running today as I have an ache in my lower back. I walked to the supermarket to buy a couple of newspapers with no problems, but didn't want to risk a run.
26 Sep
10:19am, 26 Sep 2024
4,352 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Im good GG thanks and ticking over. I have a 10k race which I didn’t get to finish training for due to a lot of travel because my Dad has been poorly.

Ok Duo 🤣
Sorry to read that HS but 👍for being sensible.
26 Sep
10:31am, 26 Sep 2024
15,997 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks LL!

I hope that your Dad is feeling better now!
26 Sep
11:23am, 26 Sep 2024
4,053 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Well done on your 1000 miles GG and Ally.

Hope it's nothing serious HS, best to be sensible.

Duo, I am doing Loch Rannoch on the 13th of October - might be slightly closer to you but it's still a drive. I did fancy Loch Ness again but accommodation in Inverness is expensive.

I know you are going to have a fab weekend GG, shame you have so much work on the go though.

I didn't get my early run this morning, been up quite a bit through the night with the wee man. He was fine after school and then coughed his way round the shop an hour later. Hopefully he's not too bad (will see when I get home from work shortly) and I really don't want it! Hoping to get out later.
26 Sep
11:25am, 26 Sep 2024
4,054 posts
  •  
Lesley C
You will reach the target by November Steve, I know you will. Thinking towards the end of October for me - allowing at least one week off post race.
duo
26 Sep
12:05pm, 26 Sep 2024
530 posts
  •  
duo
My husband has done Loch Ness about five times and it looks great but I've never bit the bullet. I think the early start puts me off. Yes, Loch Rannoch is just under 3 hrs away from me.

The furthest race I've completed and I drove up there and back same night was The Illuminator that they used to have up at Aboyne.

Better safe than sorry HS
26 Sep
2:54pm, 26 Sep 2024
15,999 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Lesley, I'm hoping a couple of rest days will do the trick.

I hope that the wee man will be feeling better when you get home from work! I also hope that you will be able to get out for a run later.

Thanks Duo, I think that I will have to give the parkrun a miss on Saturday, as it will be sensible to just do an easy run.
26 Sep
5:35pm, 26 Sep 2024
4,058 posts
  •  
Lesley C
The illuminator is in the next town from me. I have done it, hated it at night but during the day it is a fantastic route. It's still on the go just run by a different company now, and really expensive.

He seems ok this afternoon, he wanted to go collect conkers. We got lots. He will likely go back to school tomorrow. I'm pretty knackered so early bed and a run in the morning instead.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000