1000 miles in 2024

1 lurker | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 772.6
30 Sep
6:03pm, 30 Sep 2024
24,465 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I have admitted defeat, I convinced myself yesterday I could do 10.9 if I did a split double run today, by this morning I relented to 5.9 to get to 95, by time I finished work I did 0.9 to round up to 90. I feel exhausted.

Well done hs, glad your back is feeling better.

and just realised I managed to post the same pic twice, the one above is after the hill around 5 miles, its tough but then the big one at 8m known as Land of Nod we had a few oops moments as she nearly tumbled, grateful for the poles, and one time where I was helping her and could get grip or traction to go up again which almost ended in me face planting. Relieved to get to the top.
1 Oct
8:31am, 1 Oct 2024
7,156 posts
  •  
steve45
I think I noted you and your Mam's amazing run/para challenge on another thread gg...but "wow" again on completing that . What a pair!!
Great post from you above too .
Nicely rounded up to make a hundred miles for September hs, that 0.65 had to be done or gg and I wouldn't be able to sleep!
Good distance again LL. Thanks for asking about Torey; the injury isn't "over" yet, MRI scan next week, if healing has occurred satisfactorily that will mean straightforward rehab , if the tendons appear to be ruptured then it's an operation and a cast for another two months. Ugh.

Still, we did 4.6 miles together this morning setting off in the dark and again I picked up some pretty big branches that had fallen along the trails.
1 Oct
8:50am, 1 Oct 2024
24,474 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Thanks steve, proud daughter so guilty of a few posts on different threads finally blogged.

I hope the rehab is straightforward for Torey, its been a long time in cast already, I bet she's a bit fed up now. Lovely that the two of you are out exploring the trails together.

I am finally feeling a bit more rested, work is manic but its only for another week now and the marina has been under water for almost a week so we won't be there this weekend which is a total relief I get a weekend at home to do some jobs and get things on track!! yea
1 Oct
10:07am, 1 Oct 2024
16,039 posts
  •  
hillstrider
GG, I think that I have commented on you and your mams epic birthday weekend. I did think that you had posted the same picture twice. That is a lovely picture of you and your mam.

Thanks, I ran yesterday pain free, but the additional 0.65 was tough.

I'm glad that you are feeling more rested now.

I'm glad Steve that my 0.65 enabled you and GG to have a good night's sleep 😴

Well done for this mornings 4.6 miles with your wife on trails.

This morning was the usual Tuesday Farmers Walk. I'm getting used to the new layout in the supermarket, but there are still a lot of changes being made.

Off topic, I was doing a bit of sorting out in the pantry and discovered a rolling pin!
1 Oct
10:38am, 1 Oct 2024
7,160 posts
  •  
steve45
Is pastry making a lost art?🤣
1 Oct
11:12am, 1 Oct 2024
24,479 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
It must have been what helped me to a 9hr snooze! Well done hs!!

I’ve not made pastry in a long while but a reminder to make that steak and blue cheese pie mmmm
1 Oct
1:34pm, 1 Oct 2024
16,041 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks GG, I think that I will take it along to 'Whats it Worth' 🤣
2 Oct
8:30am, 2 Oct 2024
7,161 posts
  •  
steve45
Well completed target duo--- but no need to have removed your name from the board really. And of course you must stay on the thread. When I hit 1000 I'll leave my name on the board because it gives a precise mileage for me to view easily.
You must have been absolutely shattered to take a nine hour snooze gg; such a lot going on in your day to day I'm surprised you keep going.
Our rolling pin is a wooden one and frequently used, mainly for rolling out chapattis although I do love pastry/pies too!
A road run in the dark this morning, solo this time.3.5 miles .

Much prefer the trail runs.
2 Oct
11:30am, 2 Oct 2024
10,815 posts
  •  
PeterFay
Pastry making definitely not a lost art in our house!
2 Oct
12:40pm, 2 Oct 2024
16,047 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done Steve for this mornings 3.5 miles on roads in the dark.

I ran a solo 15k this morning in the forest and roads, including 5 hill reps up 'The Tyrol'

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000