1000 miles in 2024

4 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 772.6
5 Oct
8:29am, 5 Oct 2024
34 posts
  •  
Donnie1
Morning cup of tea before heading down to park run in a few minutes.

Had a cold this week, well enough to be in work but sniffling enough to be getting a few 'you best not be spreading your germs' looks. Fair enough. Covid has made us all more aware.

Running has been a slow 5 and then 7.1 in an hour which I was happy with.

Happy to report we have a rolling pin, fancy glass thing you fill with water although rarely used.

YTD: 766.0
5 Oct
9:30am, 5 Oct 2024
7,166 posts
  •  
steve45
Foot ok then Donnie1? Good runs you've put in there, hope the 20th anniversary park run was ok too.
How come you're not on the leaderboard for 1000?! Not that it really matters, you're doing fine regardless.
5.2 miles along trails with my wife this morning. It was decidedly chilly too.
5 Oct
11:37am, 5 Oct 2024
16,071 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I hope that your 20th anniversary parkrun went well Donnie I. Well done for your other two runs.

Well done Steve for this mornings 5.2 miles on trails with your wife.

I had to give this mornings Eastleigh parkrun, which was the club's nominated golf handicap run, a miss, as I had my Covid and flu jabs. I drove half way, and walked the rest. Perfect morning for walking, 15 minutes each way in lovely sunshine 🌞

It is the club's Solent Half Marathon tomorrow, so lucky that I hadn't entered, as I don't think that it would have been wise to have run.
6 Oct
9:03am, 6 Oct 2024
7,167 posts
  •  
steve45
Hope the marathon goes well MrHSc.
6 Oct
12:10pm, 6 Oct 2024
24,548 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Mam is doing well thanks Lesley still buzzing she did the run she’s in Torquay with a friend for a few days. Sounds like a tough session Lesley and it’s def cooling down now.

Lovely photos hs. Hope you’re not too bad after your jabs.

I totally missed the 20th anniversary of parkrun it is an amazing achievement the amount of people running every Saturday many of whom possibly wouldn’t be doing that without parkrun.

Great running Donnie hope the cold does one soon.

I’ve not done much running at all only at 12.5 for the week but I’ve enjoyed doing other stuff and taking the pressure off.

Nice run for you and Torey Steve.
6 Oct
2:00pm, 6 Oct 2024
7,168 posts
  •  
steve45
I'm sure you've got a plan gg but don't forget 15th November and keep that great endurance based alive!

Hope your jabs didn't adversely affect you hs. No roll out for COVID jabs yet here in Wales but flu jab next week.
Couple of dark miles this morning was enough to keep on track.
6 Oct
2:10pm, 6 Oct 2024
16,082 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I'm glad to hear that you mam is doing well GG.

Thanks, the photos were taken during my run round Hythe Marina.

I'm a bit achy after the jabs, but that is usual. I didn't sleep very well last night, and am taking it easy today. I just walked to the supermarket this morning for a newspaper and another book of second class stamps. I don't think that they are going up in price, but I bought them, just in case.

It's good to take easy weeks now and again to recharge the batteries.

My daughter is looking forward to the first C25k session Thursday evening.
6 Oct
11:20pm, 6 Oct 2024
35 posts
  •  
Donnie1
Mr HSC, I think today was your marathon day. Hope you're happy. Lisbon is a lovely city, one of my favourite places, heading back for a few days in March 25, enjoy the holiday as well as the run.

Steve: I'm a refugee from the old runners world forum, I'm not using any function on fetch beyond this thread" so the 'leader board' means nothing. Perhaps next year I'll make better use of the site. The reason I always include my 'year to date' mileage at the bottom of my post, is thats literally the only record I have of the miles I'm running.

That's for asking about parkrun. I was at Doncaster in South Yorkshire. I'm a regular there. To be honest we didn't make to much of the 20th birthday, a few in fancy dress and a shout out during the briefing the only concessions. I was happy with just over 24 mins.

My last long run before the York marathon. Did 13.7 and passed the HM in 1.57 which is fine but it was a greater effort than I'd have liked it to be. No way will I be running at 4 hour pace in two weeks time.

Ytd: 784.8
7 Oct
8:32am, 7 Oct 2024
7,169 posts
  •  
steve45
I trust the achy arm/s are near enough ok now hs. Wise post vaccination days. It'll be nice talking to your daughter about her progress when she starts the C25k.
It surprises me how many functions there are on Fetch Donnie1. Well done on the last long run before York, you've kept up a good programme. 24 minutes for your park run was good too.Maybe you were a bit tired after that which made your HM long run seem harder.
In my ancient racing days I never ran the day before anything over 10k.

4 miles this morning, in the dark and damp and on roads. Didn't enjoy it much and getting impatient for the 1000 now!
7 Oct
10:29am, 7 Oct 2024
47 posts
  •  
MrHSc
Thanks Guys however the marathon didn’t go well at all.

Got back late last night after the plane got delayed.

All seemed great waking up early to take the free train to Cascais along with the 6000 other runners for the 8am start to run back into Lisbon along the beautiful Estoril coast.

I just didnt anticipate the effects of the +90% humidity and my HR just wouldn’t come down from sub threshold straight from the start so ditched my ideas of a sub 3.40 at mile 10.

I thought a sub 4 pace is usually an easy jog and with plenty of time already banked should be comfortable.

But at mile 18 the right calf started tightening up, clearly didn’t give it enough time to rehab and had to start run walking, which was ok.
However at mile 20 the walking became more frequent as the calf started cramping bad.
At mile 23 I couldn’t run and had to walk the last 3 miles coming in 4.15.02

So overall not what I wanted but really enjoyed the trip and proud I didn’t DNF.

Time to recover properly now and Good luck to the guys with races coming up, Donnie, Jack and anyone else I have forgotten.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000