1000 miles in 2024

1 lurker | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 772.6
2 Oct
1:16pm, 2 Oct 2024
24,497 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
haha hs, you could surprise your running pals with some nice savoury treats of course.

I did 4 this morning, bumped into an angry granny (almost literally when she walked right in front of me) but otherwise a pleasant run. It was light by the time I convinced myself to go out.

Well done on your solo dark run steve and yours too hs including the hill reps, presume your back is loads better now?
2 Oct
1:53pm, 2 Oct 2024
12,670 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
I've just realised I haven't posted about my parkrun last Saturday.
I set an alarm having worked Friday evening as usual and went to parkrun to see Minardi, Mrs Jigs and Jigs

I was also hoping to see my son and d-i-l who have started going to parkrun recently and just went for it without doing any training. They are now already managing to run it all after just 3 or 4 weeks. I didn't see them arrive or at the start, at some point I passed d-i-l without realising and I was passing my son when he tapped me on my shoulder, I'd have easily have passed him without realising. From that point we ran together and he managed another pb, this time by 8 seconds and d-i-l missed out by just a few seconds.
They're both doing really well and I'm very proud of them both for doing it and improving so quickly. I like to run with him again and with d-i-l at some point but working Fridays isn't always conducive to getting up in time.
2 Oct
2:02pm, 2 Oct 2024
24,498 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
What a great photo and how lovely to have a fetchie and family meet up at parkrun.

Sun was shining too!!

Well done all of you and thanks for sharing FF
2 Oct
4:13pm, 2 Oct 2024
16,050 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I don't think that I will be using the rolling pin GG. It's been 'hiding' in the pantry for years and I haven't missed it 🤣

Thanks my back was ok during this mornings long run. I'm trying to increase my mileage, as I have the New Forest 10 miles race at the end of the month.

Well done for this mornings 4 miles, swerving round an angry granny 😁

That must have been a very enjoyable parkrun FF, meeting family and a fetchie.
Thanks for sharing the photo!
3 Oct
9:11am, 3 Oct 2024
7,164 posts
  •  
steve45
That was quite a park run FF, great to read about family progress. What a treat to get a pb or be near it. I miss those days!

Fabulous 15k in a lovely environment hs, phew ...with hill reps too .
Good swerve during your run gg, a collision wouldn't have been pleasant at all. Glad you're finding time to get some miles in.
Just over three road miles on a superb clear morning here. Even though the sun hadn't risen it was getting safely light so could have done trails really.
3 Oct
9:19am, 3 Oct 2024
24,510 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Its a lovely crisp autumnal morning here too, well done for your 3 this morning steve.

Glad to hear your back is behaving.

3m here for me too (no angry people today, but a little boy (about 5) who stopped and clapped as I ran past was rather cute, later than I'd have liked but work is making me exhausted. Off into the office again to cause a nuisance later but I'll catch up with a work friend when I go in so that will be nice.
3 Oct
10:10am, 3 Oct 2024
4,069 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Some great running going on in here this week. Well done everyone!

Your mam is amazing GG, hope she is recovering well after that amazing weekend.

I was out with the club on Tuesday evening, I had on shorts again as it was such a nice evening. Tough reps but I was glad I did it. Back on with the winter kit this morning 🥶. Temperature was around 0. So very chilly. It was a nice clear morning and the stars were out.

The rolling pin in our house gets used now and again, been using it to crush chickpeas for some recipes. Have used it in the past as a foam roller, my usual foam roller wasn't hitting the spot 🤣🫢🫣.
3 Oct
11:21am, 3 Oct 2024
16,054 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Steve, I surprised myself, especially with the 5 hill reps half way through the run.

Well done for this mornings 3 miles on roads.

Thanks GG, my back seems ok now 🤞

Well done for this mornings 3 miles, from yesterday's angry granny, to this mornings supportive 5 year old 😀

Well done Lesley for Tuesdays reps session.

I'm still in t-shirt, shorts and cap, but my hands were a bit cold. It's quite breezy round the marina.

That's a good use for the rolling pin, as a substitute foam roller 😁

This morning was a solo 7k on roads at an easy pace.
3 Oct
11:23am, 3 Oct 2024
16,055 posts
  •  
hillstrider
4 Oct
9:36am, 4 Oct 2024
16,065 posts
  •  
hillstrider
The usual Friday Farmers Walk this morning.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000