1000 miles in 2024

4 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 723.3
10 Sep
12:00pm, 10 Sep 2024
4,336 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
I’ve started to carry my phone as think it’s sensible. I’ve got shorts which have the side pockets and makes it easy to carry. 4 yesterday and 6 today. Trying to get above the line.

Well done Steve and good luck with the Jab.
Well done HS for yesterday and good luck with the FW. Glad your ankle is ok MrHSc
10 Sep
12:47pm, 10 Sep 2024
24,209 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I always carry my phone I have my allergy details in there as well as on my watch.

Also a lady at running club had a nasty fall once and had no way of contacting anyone she thankfully was found but had suffered concussion and couldn’t remember her home number

I have pockets in my running legs but have 2 small waist belts that would fit a phone of anyone who doesn’t carry phone would like them I’d happily send you them.
duo
10 Sep
1:00pm, 10 Sep 2024
522 posts
  •  
duo
Thanks for the good wishes on the half, a massive PB for me at 01:48:30. It's on a cycle track (disused railway line) so a bit boring but audiobook on and off I went.

Your mum looks fab GG and I always love looking at everyone's pictures.

I hope the ankle isn't too sore today HSc.

I always take my phone out with me for safety reasons. For some reason*, I get a lot of unsolicited 'advice' from men when I'm out and about and I train a lot on my own so it's not worth the risk of a fall or some random approaching me. My husband is the opposite and doesn't take any form of ID with him which drives me insane.

My watch also alerts my trusted contacts to where I am when I'm running but I need my phone with me to do that.

I wear leggings and shorts that have side pockets. I won't buy them now unless they have a pocket each side plus the usual shallow zipped back pocket.

*I'm not the most approachable person. I don't have a resting bitch face, my bitch face is always on and ready to wither anyone that gets on my nerves.
10 Sep
1:25pm, 10 Sep 2024
15,882 posts
  •  
hillstrider
LL, when I take my phone with me, I wear a waist belt which has pockets where I put the phone, keys etc.

Thanks, yesterday's run went well, until my two friends decided that they needed to cut it short. This mornings Farmers Walk was easier than usual, as I didn't have much shopping to carry.

GG, I agree that it is important to be able to pinpoint your position, in the case of a nasty fall etc, so that rescuers can quickly locate you. Without these aids, it would be almost impossible when off the beaten track in the forest.

Well done duo for your massive pb in your half marathon That was a very impressive time.

Good to hear that you also run with your phone, which enables trusted contacts to find your location.
10 Sep
1:31pm, 10 Sep 2024
12,518 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
I carry my phone in an arm band.
10 Sep
5:22pm, 10 Sep 2024
4,029 posts
  •  
Lesley C
I am another one that always has their phone, I take it just incase - you never know. Handy for pictures too.

Your mum is amazing GG. Hope she has a fab time.

Well done on your PB Duo!

Hope the ankle is better today MrHSc.

Fingers crossed that your jab has no side effects Steve.

Heading out soon, it's very windy today and it's cold.
10 Sep
9:09pm, 10 Sep 2024
4,031 posts
  •  
Lesley C
I enjoyed my run tonight, was a hill session and I was happy at how I got on. The only downside was that man was leading and it seemed that he was saying come things in a way to annoy me. It did but I am not giving him the satisfaction of knowing that.
10 Sep
10:36pm, 10 Sep 2024
24,216 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Smile and confuse him Lesley he’ll hopefully get bored. He annoys me so much and makes me angry how upset he makes you & no doubt others.

Glad you had a good session anyway.
11 Sep
8:28am, 11 Sep 2024
7,124 posts
  •  
steve45
You'll get above the line soon LL, you're putting in some good miles.
That was a great half LL, at least old railway lines are being used after the Beeching damage all those years ago.
Well carried again hs, a slight reduction in provisions/ weight very necessary now you have that extra distance to walk.
My wife and I always carry our "burner" phones although of course twenty years or so ago we didn't. Torey also has to carry medical alert on her wrist.
Steve Cram started a scheme very many years ago to encourage runners to carry ID following the death of his brother here in Cardiff. His brother had been out running, fell, banged his head on the pavement and died. It took a couple of days for the police to find out who he was as he wasn't carry any ID.
A two mile outing at dawn was almost a shock to the system with it feeling like 6c. Brr! Nice to see a couple of bats still chasing insects along the trails before their bedtime!
11 Sep
8:30am, 11 Sep 2024
7,125 posts
  •  
steve45
Just seen that you are above the line LL! Fabulous.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000