1000 miles in 2024

1 lurker | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 723.3
7 Sep
3:45pm, 7 Sep 2024
15,859 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks duo, and good luck with tomorrow's half marathon.
7 Sep
4:35pm, 7 Sep 2024
4,024 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Well done MrSc.

HS is a fantastic pacer, each parkrun he does the splits are very very consistent or progressive.

Welcome to the thread Wabo.

Totally agree there Duo, training in the winter to then go and do a race in the heat, that's tough. Good luck for tomorrow.

I did my long yesterday, I calculated the distance wrong and it was 18 miles. It's fine I needed them. I did some speedy efforts and saw the same tractor about 3 times. It was roasting even in the morning mist, sun came out with an hour to go and it was unbearable. Ran out of fluid too.

Parkrun RD went well today, was a glorious morning and I had no issues. A nice walk there and back.

Had a message from one of that man's minions wanting to chat, 'not' read it yet and taking my time. Really can't be bothered and have so much other stuff going on I don't need it.
7 Sep
4:47pm, 7 Sep 2024
7,120 posts
  •  
steve45
Splendid park run again hs regardless of WAVA or your overall position! 😂 Had to laugh at Lesley's ambiguity....you doing the splits!!!
You're going to make the 1000 this year duo unless you hang up your trainers during the coming couple of weeks! Best wishes for the half.
Fabulous long run Lesley even though a little warm . Hope that the uncomfortableness with "that man" is laid to rest, he does sound quite a pita.
8 Sep
10:32am, 8 Sep 2024
27 posts
  •  
Donnie1
Duo: good luck with the half today.

MrHSC - I've literally just booked a weekend in Lisbon but not for the marathon. Enjoy the event and the city.

Now the big news! Conkers. I have a 'conker' tree outside my house, the branches hang over my hedge and the conkers fall onto my lawn. I've lived here for 25 years, and every Autum collect them, pop them in a pile by the front gate and every day as the Primary school pupils walk past they pick them up. Whether they play 'conkers' as I did 50 years ago I don't know, but there's definitely a demand for them.

In the last week its been;

Mon - 5.0
Tues - 10.0

Wed - 5.0
Friday - 7.3
Sat - 3.1 at Parkrun.

By my standards that's a big week. Fitness is OK but my feet hurt - I'm still unsure about the now newish shoes.

YTD 674.4
8 Sep
11:53am, 8 Sep 2024
15,861 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Lesley, I don't think that I have ever "done the splits." 🤣

Well done for Fridays 18 miles. Good that your RD duties at Saturday's parkrun went smoothly.

That awkward man in your club sounds like a pain in the proverbial!

Thanks Steve, I had to laugh too at the thought of "doing the splits" at every parkrun 😁

I hope that your half marathon is going well duo.

Good to hear your big news Donnie I, that you have a 'conker tree' outside your house.

Well done for your weeks mileage.

This morning I ran a very hilly solo 10k on roads.
8 Sep
11:53am, 8 Sep 2024
15,862 posts
  •  
hillstrider
8 Sep
11:54am, 8 Sep 2024
15,863 posts
  •  
hillstrider
8 Sep
11:58am, 8 Sep 2024
15,864 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I can't get the hang of posting more than one picture, and have posted the same one twice 😬
8 Sep
12:02pm, 8 Sep 2024
15,865 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I've deleted both now 😡
8 Sep
5:23pm, 8 Sep 2024
7,121 posts
  •  
steve45
Brilliant pb duo! Well done.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000