1000 miles in 2024

4 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
1 Sep
11:36am, 1 Sep 2024
15,810 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks JackFW, I knew that I would have to produce my A game, as there were quite a few fit looking runners who I thought could be in my age category.

Well done for hitting the 1,000 miles, and today's 30k.

Thanks Steve, it was my sort of course, several hills, and almost 100% on gravel trails. There was the inevitable congestion though with so many runners. I'm afraid, and others may disagree, that I don't like runners pushing baby buggies, weaving in and out of the runners, or those with dogs which are trip hazards.

Well done for this mornings 6.6 miles with your wife. Definitely encouraging progress!

Thanks GG, and I'm glad that you liked the photo. It was taken after we had all finished. We seem to be doing a sort of ABC of parkruns now, having once said how pointless it was.

Well done for your friends in their epic race!

Have a safe trip home ๐Ÿก

I ran a solo hilly 4.10 miles on roads this morning.

I'm going to a barbecue later this afternoon, so that's something to look forward to.
2 Sep
11:55am, 2 Sep 2024
15,814 posts
  •  
hillstrider
This morning was a steady 6.79 miles in the forest with the Monday Group. There was a light drizzle throughout.
2 Sep
12:52pm, 2 Sep 2024
4,322 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Well done HS I managed 7.5 at a supposed easy pace. Didn't feel too easy I am blaming the humidity. It's the furthest I have been since early July. I can't believe I ran a marathon in March.
2 Sep
1:26pm, 2 Sep 2024
7,107 posts
  •  
steve45
You had drizzle we had "murk" hs! Well done on doing 6.79 miles (Arghhh!!).
Nice round number LL, 7.5 miles is a long way however we look at it. Well done on it being your furthest for a while.
3.1 miles in the murk as it was just getting light wasn't as easy as I wanted. I ran to HR and remain surprised at how much of a former runner I've become ๐Ÿ˜‚
2 Sep
2:58pm, 2 Sep 2024
15,817 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks LL. Well done for this mornings 7.5 miles, the furthest since early July.

Thanks Steve, yes we had drizzle which was irritating, as I was wearing a "waterproof top" expecting heavier rain.

Well done for this mornings 3.1 miles in the murk. You are doing really well with your mileage, albeit not as fast as in the past. I'm noticeably slower too. My 10 mile pb when I was 43, is faster than my present 10k time.

It was good to see that Eilish McColgan won the London Half Marathon.
3 Sep
5:17am, 3 Sep 2024
49 posts
  •  
JackFW
10km this morning to work. The sun was out with a light breeze. A nice change of pace after a few days of very wet and windy conditions.
3 Sep
9:23am, 3 Sep 2024
24,108 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Hope you enjoyed your BBQ hs, the parkrun challenges are a great idea to encourage a bit of tourism and keep it fun. If I went to parkruns (aka if I didnโ€™t go away so much) I would def be encouraged by them.

Well done on getting extra miles in Loo, itโ€™s mad how things can change I rarely manage really long runs these days which did make me feel nervous about Berkeley. Keep plugging away at the targets.

Great continued running Steve and I echo hs words. Iโ€™m an also getting much slower (& have always been slow) but I have embraced the time on feet.

Spring is def in the air for you Jack enjoy!

Missed that about Eilish, great to hear I believe sheโ€™s at GNR this weekend.

I had a birthday card to drop off for my nephews partner, I ran there though the woods (loose use of the word run) and had 1/2hr with them and the kids, baby smiled at me ๐Ÿ˜ toddler was excited to see me and thought my vibrams were hilarious ๐Ÿ˜‚ then ran back the roadway which was downhill for about a mile then back uphill so slowed to run/walk. 4m done. Running wise feel ok. I still feel fatigued easily but def on the up.
3 Sep
10:06am, 3 Sep 2024
7,108 posts
  •  
steve45
I agree , drizzle is the pits when you have to consider wearing a water proof top hs. Like you my comparison with distance times now, and obviously, shows the natural slowing down.
Nice change to run to work in fair conditions Jack, can't fault a 10k to start the working day.
Thanks again for your comments re my "running" ( or what I call running!) gg. Good to note that you're certainly back doing what you enjoy.
I missed the news about Eilish too. A pleasing come back after her Olympics given her period of injury.
4 miles this morning, usual plod along trails ; it'll be busier on roads tomorrow because the schools reopen here.
3 Sep
10:30am, 3 Sep 2024
15,824 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done JackFW for this mornings 10k on the way to work.

Thanks GG, the BBQ was very enjoyable, and we were sitting in the garden until it started to get dark. Luckily the rain held off. It's definitely made parkrunning fun, and challenging running against different runners on different courses, as we are very competitive. We also partake in the various challenges in the 5k app, which is the parkrunners "bible!"

I'm not sure whether or not Eilish is doing the GNR at the weekend. Sarah F, one our parkrunning gang ran it last year.

That must have been nice spending a little time with your nephews partners children. That was a bonus for running your 4 miles. I'm glad that you are now "on the up!"

This morning was the usual Tuesday Farmers Walk. The supermarket is being reorganised, and everything is in different isles. Thankfully it is fairly quiet around 8am, so I was able to leisurely walk up and down.It will be chaos on Friday though, as it is always very busy, and everyone will be wandering around like headless chickens!
4 Sep
9:09am, 4 Sep 2024
7,112 posts
  •  
steve45
Short distance ( 2.2) this morning but threw in some effort thanks to my wife being with me. I sometimes get uncomfortably dizzy after running for over a minute and feel safer with company when doing my "speed work"๐Ÿ˜‚.. if I can call it that!

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000