1 lurker | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
27 Aug
1:09pm, 27 Aug 2024
4,317 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Always good to find the positive GG.

Sorry you’ve got sick but rest up and take care.

MrM2 pop in whenever no pressure. I hope your wife is being made comfortable and you have support.

Just managed to claw myself above the line today I really need to up my mileage as doing lots of running but so short they’re not adding up.
27 Aug
2:06pm, 27 Aug 2024
4,000 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Oh no GG, hope you are feeling better for the weekend. It's one of those bugs that comes from anywhere.

Glad to see Torey can still run Steve, she will be happy with that.

Good to see you pop in MrM2, well done on the 1000 miles. Hope you wife is comfortable.

You are doing great LL, keep at it. Short runs are better than no runs.

Fingers crossed for the speedy recovery MrHSc.

Nice running as always HS. Rough terrain always makes you feel like you have run more.

I am heading up a wee hill tonight. Haven't run it in ages. Hoping the weather brightens up as the views from the top are stunning.

I meant to pop this on from Saturday's run. The early morning sun was gorgeous.

27 Aug
2:55pm, 27 Aug 2024
12,441 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
That's a beautiful photo @Lesley C.

I went out this morning and did 5.2 miles with a fast middle mile. It wasn't fast enough to trouble my virtual mile time from earlier in the month though.
28 Aug
9:01am, 28 Aug 2024
7,095 posts
  •  
steve45
Your miles seem to be pretty good LL. I only ever do short distances these days which keeps me reasonably comfortable above the line. I'm sure you'll be ok in maintaining your above the line position .
Lovely pick Lesley and hope the hill top view was as expected.
Good that you've been out FF, a swift mile in the middle shows your calibre.
A very short outing on the road this morning if just 1.6 miles because of time constraints today . Pitch dark now when I get up at 5am .
28 Aug
9:51am, 28 Aug 2024
23,989 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Thank you for the well wishes ❤️

All runs add up Loo just take longer if all you can squeeze in are short ones but you’re keeping going and when the busyness passes they’ll get longer as they’re still in your routine.

Lesley that photo is beautiful I am envious of you living in Scotland I would love to move north (even if it’s warmer down south) hope to get up in the campervan more in the future but it’d another level of hills!)

It’s really noticeable how quick the darkness is coming back I am dreading it I’ve not really taken advantage of the longer days morning run evaded me most of this year as I’ve been so exhausted. When I think back I started January with a bad virus just got over it and it returned before Jordan. Post Jordan I was just busy with so much and it’s continued.

It’s now 4 weeks to my mam’s 80th and yes it’s up to me to plan organise and looks like host a family gathering. She doesn’t want a party having had one for their diamond wedding but I can’t let her 80th slip by so looks like a gathering of circa 50 at our house …. And she wants to do the paras10 on the morning too! Meaning I won’t be home until at least 4pm - this was my brain worry at 4.30 this morning.
28 Aug
10:13am, 28 Aug 2024
48 posts
  •  
Dubairunner
GG sorry to hear you’re going to miss your event

MrM2 well done on the 1000

Just a few 5ks for me but flying to Dublin tonight so will hopefully get some running in. Won’t miss this for a few weeks
28 Aug
10:23am, 28 Aug 2024
23,990 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
You could pack some and pour it over the UK @ have a great trip and cool running!
28 Aug
2:59pm, 28 Aug 2024
15,790 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Lesley, my legs were feeling the after-effects yesterday.

I hope that you enjoyed yesterday's hill run? That's a lovely picture from Saturdays run.

Well done FF for yesterday's 5.2 miles, with a fast middle mile.

Well done Steve for this mornings 1.6 miles early outing

Good luck GG with the responsibility for organising the celebration for your mams 80th birthday.

That's an impressive aim for her (and you of course) to run the paras 10 in the morning. There can't be many that want to celebrate their 80th birthday with a 10 mile run.

Have a safe flight ✈️ Dubairunner to Dublin this evening, and make the most of the cooler weather to fit some good runs in.

This morning was 10k on grass, including an interval session, run out and back with the Wednesday Group. The session was 5x30 seconds, 5x45 seconds and 5x60 seconds with jog back recoveries. We were running up a slight incline, and against a gentle breeze. It was tougher than it sounds, but amazingly, the three of us recorded the fastest pace on the 5th rep of the 60 seconds effort.
28 Aug
4:14pm, 28 Aug 2024
23,997 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
It will be my 55th birthday and not my first choice of way to celebrate 🤣

That’s impressive have a 5th set of 60s maybe you knew it was the last so a celebratory push!

I tested to see if it was gone (it hasn’t yet) as I am feeling loads better and come up with a plan B to do it as a solo run well walk. Had I not known it was Covid I’d have thought it was a heavy cold and I’d have just done it.
29 Aug
8:49am, 29 Aug 2024
7,096 posts
  •  
steve45
That session sounds tough enough hs, good variation with distance and intervals on grass.
You'll notice the temperature drops when you arrive in Dublin DubaiR! Enjoy your time there .
You seem to have lots to do as always gg, how fabulous for your Mam to be doing a ten miler on her 80th.
So plan B is on the cards! But don't ask too much of yourself if you do venture to the event. I might be being a bit negative but ...do you really need to be doing it given the circumstances? You're right about only knowing you had COVID because you tested but would you have done yourself justice doing so many miles even with a heavy cold?
I've just been given an appointment for yet another vaccination against Respiratory Syncytial Virus, it's being rolled out for those aged 75-79.
Did 4.2 miles mainly along trails this morning, 11c when I started off and perfect running conditions for runners. Ultra perfect for run/walkers like me😂

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000