1000 miles in 2024

1 lurker | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
30 Aug
3:22pm, 30 Aug 2024
24,048 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
So sad to hear that man is causing problems again it’s a shame to members don’t feel empowered to stand up to him. Maybe we should all have a road trip to your club! That’d sort him out!

Hope little man is enjoying school I expect it’s a bit tiring for him so maybe too much to do to talk about it at the moment but positive he’s happy going in each day.

Hope the tests go well and that you get some good news. Great running all round.

My compromise to myself not doing Berkeley is that I’d aim for my 100m so 11 needed. I went out after a lovely long sleep and view to collect what we need for tea on the way. I had planned to run/walk and if necessary I’d just walk but happy to report I was ok to carry on. Lungs/chest totally fine, legs were heavy and my head felt a bit dizzy by the end but I did 8. Leaves 3 for tomorrow which is ideal.

What it did prove is there is no way I could have done Berkeley!
30 Aug
10:24pm, 30 Aug 2024
26 posts
  •  
Donnie1
GG: you've definitely made the right decision with Berkeley. A couple of years ago I did the Manchester marathon with a cold. Despite getting round, the event gave me no pleasure or sense of satisfaction. I look back and, if I'm honest, think why was I so stupid.

Only two runs to log - 5.0 on Tues and 5.3 today. If I'm going to be happy with my 20th Oct Yorkshire marathon I need a really committed month.

YTD: 644.0
31 Aug
8:39am, 31 Aug 2024
7,102 posts
  •  
steve45
It's a great day to do just three miles gg!

Your training is going really well Donnie 1. Eight weeks is still a fair way to go until your marathon and I'm sure the period will let you consolidate everything.
A very brrr north east wind this morning but nice on our backs on the way home . Glorious sunshine and not a cloud in the sky. Ran/ walked with my wife and have notched up my highest monthly mileage since June 2022. Pleased with that even though it's not all running.
31 Aug
9:12am, 31 Aug 2024
24,056 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Thanks guys it was a head v heart decision but my head had to win as it would have broke me. We don’t half push ourselves at times don’t we.

As it happens my friend had to pull out last minute as her elderly aunt who lives alone is very poorly and she needed to stay with her and they’ve reversed the loop which in normal circumstances I’d be ok with but I would have been relying on familiarity (it’s fully self nav) I’m still gutted but less so given now.

Excellent running & walking I hope this is a sign you’re seeing positive changes Steve.

Now to get your runs up for Yorkshire Donnie
31 Aug
2:57pm, 31 Aug 2024
15,805 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done GG for yesterday's 3 miles. Definitely ease back into it gradually. You are right, we definitely push the envelope at times.

Good luck with your training for the Yorkshire Marathon Donnie I. Have you run it before?

Well done Steve for your miles running and walking so far this year. Things are looking up!

This morning we ran in the Moors Valley Park parkrun. There were 650 runners, so the course was a bit congested in places. I was pleased with my official time of 29.08 and 1st AG 75-80 out of 5.[IMAGE271504]
31 Aug
2:58pm, 31 Aug 2024
15,806 posts
  •  
hillstrider
1 Sep
9:04am, 1 Sep 2024
47 posts
  •  
JackFW
Congrats on the first place at Moors Valley, HS.

GG, sorry to hear the news. But you’ve made the right decision. You need to look at the bigger picture which is your health and welfare. There will be plenty of races in the future. I pulled out of a marathon due to having Covid last year. It was a week before and I felt fine but I still played it safe and I don’t regret it. Although, it was a shitty feeling at the time.

Donnie, good luck with the longer runs planned for this month in the lead up to the Yorkshire Marathon.

I hit 1000 last week, and have reset my target to 2000km and, secondary target, 1500m.

30km today. The wind was brutal and almost had me at a standstill but we went out for a big Father’s Day lamb roast after which came with a Yorkshire Pudding and some crispy potatos and some veggies. A couple of pints and now I slumped on the couch trying not to fall asleep…

Happy Sunday running everyone.
1 Sep
10:56am, 1 Sep 2024
7,103 posts
  •  
steve45
Indeed you made the right decision gg , didn't want to sound negative while you were wrestling with it but I agree with Jack about playing it safe. It would have been daft to do such an arduous event when you're not 100%. And "Escape" in November will be great fun for you.
Dunno about races in the future Jack...I've not been in a race since 2004!! My time was over😂. Well done on a 30k and that was a deserved feast afterwards. Fantastic to have hit the 1000.

Terrific park run hs which is almost what we've come to expect. Nice pic too .
6.6 miles with my wife this morning, furthest distance since last summer. Thanks for your comments folks on my progress....it is sort of progress but I know I'm pushing myself too much in some ways. Thankfully I only need to do two miles a day for the rest of the year to hit the target!
1 Sep
11:00am, 1 Sep 2024
48 posts
  •  
JackFW
That’s fantastic news, Steve. I missed that post above where you report doing your highest mileage month in 2 plus years. And well done on the longer 6.6miles run today. Any progress is good progress.
1 Sep
11:00am, 1 Sep 2024
24,075 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Huge well done hs & a great photo. 650 is a huge field. It never fails to make me smile knowing how many people are in a brilliant running community thanks to parkrun and many may never have ran without it.

I dot watched my friends who were doing it Stu has done the 2 previous events and went off with the fast lads to try to help someone get a chance at 4 laps by keeping them right on the course but burnt himself out. He was out walking lap 2 we had a few messages together keeping him going and he’d managed to u pack both torches after lap 1 so was in the dark for the last 12 or so miles. Not his best day out but he did do Lakeland 100 a few weeks ago and only got back from holiday on Wednesday night. Not the best prep.

Anne did brilliantly but didn’t feel comfortable doing lap 2 in the dark so said she saved it for the 4 of us to do next year! Fingers crossed.

Had a lovely day chilling and I even got my paint brushes out. We’ll be heading home today but we’ll get a walk in first.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000