1000 miles in 2024

2 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 723.3
6 Sep
3:19pm, 6 Sep 2024
40 posts
  •  
MrHSc
Hope everyone is well and enjoying their runs.

I have been rehabbing the soles and slowly increasing the run distance.
Managed a 15 miler this morning, calf feels a bit tight now a few hours later but had no issues during the run, so really pleased with the recovery with Lisbon just 4 weeks away.

YTD 1004 miles.
6 Sep
3:20pm, 6 Sep 2024
41 posts
  •  
MrHSc
That should read soleus bloody autocorrect 😂
6 Sep
4:18pm, 6 Sep 2024
15,850 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done MrHSc for this mornings 15 miles, and congratulations for the 1004 miles for the year to date.
7 Sep
7:11am, 7 Sep 2024
51 posts
  •  
JackFW
Congrats on hitting the 1000 milestone, and good to hear you are recovering well, MrHsc. What’s the elevation gain on the Lisbon run? I imagine it would be a hilly run?

A badger sighting? Wow. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one.

Never heard of conkers. Can someone explain?

30km run this morning. The weather was beautiful. Sun, 18 degrees and a cool stiff breeze. But I was a bit slow and I feel my sub-4hr goal slipping for the Melbourne Marathon. I’m just not quite there.
7 Sep
9:08am, 7 Sep 2024
7,118 posts
  •  
steve45
The conker is the fruit of a European Horse chestnut tree. Google it for pics Jack and for description of the game of "conkers".
Pleasant temperature for running there. How long til your marathon?
You're doing well MrHSc, a fifteen miler at this point of your training seems just right. Two more long runs now?). Great to have passed the 1000.
Slogged out four miles this morning with nothing in an already almost empty tank! Still, have done exactly the same number of miles completed in the whole of 2023 which is satisfying.
7 Sep
9:09am, 7 Sep 2024
7,119 posts
  •  
steve45
Yeah, I remember clackers too hs and gg. Dreadful things and potential bone breakers!!
7 Sep
11:07am, 7 Sep 2024
998 posts
  •  
Wabo
I'm trying to do this this year
766/1000
7 Sep
3:22pm, 7 Sep 2024
15,856 posts
  •  
hillstrider
@JackFW I promised to let you know about the Winchester parkrun. It is a fairly flat course, and a mixture of grass and tarmac paths. There were 429 runners, so it was a bit congested at the start. It was we organised, so I recommend it when you are in Winchester.

Well done for this mornings 30k run

Well done Steve, for this mornings 4 miles. That's very encouraging too have equaled last years miles already.

Good luck Wabo.

The Winchester parkrun went well this morning and I came 264th out of 429 runners, and 1st from two in the MV75-80 category, WAVA 69.29%[IMAGE271984]
7 Sep
3:23pm, 7 Sep 2024
15,857 posts
  •  
hillstrider
duo
7 Sep
3:40pm, 7 Sep 2024
520 posts
  •  
duo
I'm loving all these pictures. Great result at the parkrun HS.

The fad for clackers had passed when I started school so we didn't have any at home but I clearly remember them. There were a few injuries from conkers though meaning that the school banned them.

I'm still trundling away with this being my highest volume year ever. I join the group every year but have never managed the distance due to one thing or another.

It's glorious here on the Costa del Clyde and I have a half marathon tomorrow so I'm not looking forward to running in the heat I haven't had the chance to train in. This is also the reason why I wouldn't do a spring marathon. Training in Scottish wet winters to suddenly have to race in 20+ degree heat is never fun.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000