15,872 posts
  •  
hillstrider
9 Sep
12:10pm, 9 Sep 2024
15,873 posts
  •  
hillstrider
That picture above is the other one I took yesterday.

This morning was a hilly 5.33 miles in the forest with the Monday Group. We had intended to run further, but Sarah H felt a "pull" in her left calf, and Mike was "nursing" a hamstring ache, so we cut it short.
9 Sep
1:54pm, 9 Sep 2024
42 posts
  •  
MrHSc
Nice pics HS and well done on the 5.33.

4 yesterday and 7 today @ marathon pace.
Windy weather there is branches all over the park and I managed to slightly roll my ankle accidentally stepping on one, luckily no major damage just a bit of bruising and sore 😐

YTD 1015 miles.
9 Sep
2:50pm, 9 Sep 2024
15,875 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks MrHSc.

Well done for yesterday's and today's runs at marathon pace, and 1015 miles this year to date.

Sorry to hear that you have slightly rolled your ankle on a branch, but luckily, no major damage. We have the same problem in the forest with protuding roots.
9 Sep
9:48pm, 9 Sep 2024
24,203 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Well done on your half duo!

Great photos hs, and parkrunning as always sounds like your running buds are in the wars hope it’s short lived.

Sorry to hear about your ankle roll MrHSc but great mileage already.

Mam really wants to do Paras10 (10m v.hilly & challenging) which is day after her 80th birthday (& my 55th) I was concerned as she struggles with hills now (arthritis in both knees and feet) but she went out with me tonight and we had a running with poles lesson up and down first loose gravel hill then various others too and she did well and gave her confidence so we will be going for it! Here she is at the top of one of the hills, it was a last minute decision to do the woods and I didn’t have my torch she did great.

9 Sep
9:48pm, 9 Sep 2024
24,204 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Actually coming down off the hill
9 Sep
10:34pm, 9 Sep 2024
4,335 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Your Mam looks Fab 😄
9 Sep
11:08pm, 9 Sep 2024
24,207 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Not bad for 3 weeks off 80 is she!
10 Sep
9:01am, 10 Sep 2024
7,122 posts
  •  
steve45
Great to see your Mam maintaining her physical abilities gg and looking fabulous.

Fine week's mileage Donnie1. What shoes did you purchase? A horse chestnut tree in your garden must be so nice to have.
Lucky your ankle was not too bad of a roll MrHSc , hope it doesn't "play up". Fallen branches however small can be hazardous when you're running.
Getting to grips nicely with your pics hs. I don't carry my smart phone with me out on my runs so photos don't happen!
A typical drizzly windy autumn morning here, ok along trails with the shelter of trees though. 3.7 miles was "as usual" and I've stalled a bit on the progress I had been making.

Having the new jab this afternoon.
10 Sep
9:49am, 10 Sep 2024
15,879 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks GG, I think that my friends will be ok for tomorrow's session.

That's a fab picture of your Mam. She must be very fit, despite the arthritis.

Thanks Steve, I don't always carry my phone when out running, but sometimes when running solo. This is a safety measure, and I have also downloaded "What 3 Words" I'm conscious that at nearly 79, I'm not as young as I was, but still push myself. I have my next of kin details on my garmin watch too.

Well done for this mornings 3.7 miles on trails.

Good luck with the new jab this afternoon.

The usual Tuesday Farmers Walk this morning, except that it is further now, with the previous entry and exit being fenced off. It's a nightmare now in the store which is being completely rearranged.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000