1000 miles in 2024

1 lurker | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 723.3
11 Sep
8:33am, 11 Sep 2024
7,126 posts
  •  
steve45
Oops.. forgot...the RSV jab was painless and not even a sore arm afterwards.
11 Sep
8:43am, 11 Sep 2024
4,032 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Ahhh, it was the RSV jab. I would take if offered now, certainly after seeing how ill the wee man was when he had it.

I also usually carry my little parkrun card barcode thing, it has my name and ICE number on it. My OH carries his driving licence in his pocket when he's cycling. There was a cyclist that had an accident (and died sadly) a few years ago, near us, no ID, and it took a few days to figure out who he was.
11 Sep
12:44pm, 11 Sep 2024
43 posts
  •  
MrHSc
Duo congratulations on your half marathon pb. A sub 1.50 is fantastic.

I don’t bother carrying my phone any more, the only reason used to be for listening to music but now I just download what ever I want onto my Garmin and it means one less thing to carry.

19 mile long run this this morning brought forward as we are travelling up to climb Ben Nevis on Thursday.
Strapped the ankle up and took a couple of co-codomol in my pocket just in case but it held up just fine.

YTD 1039 miles.
duo
11 Sep
1:06pm, 11 Sep 2024
523 posts
  •  
duo
Thanks all.

I bought a Garmin 645m when they first came out to leave my phone at home and use the watch for music but soon realised a woman running on her own needed it. I used to run in remote areas so no one would find me if I were injured.

I rolled my ankle badly a few years back but found that by keeping it strapped up I was able to walk/run etc on it until it fully healed. Enjoy Ben Nevis!

I'm heading out for my first run of the week, an easy 35 or so minutes.
11 Sep
1:50pm, 11 Sep 2024
4,033 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Enjoy Ben Nevis! Do pack winter kit though, it's been freezing on the east coast this week at sea level never mind up a big mountain.
11 Sep
2:35pm, 11 Sep 2024
15,886 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Good to hear that your jab was painless without leaving a sore arm Steve.

Lesley, I have all the parkrun barcode, ice info etc on my Garmin 645 music. This saves having to remember to bring the barcode card.

MrHSc, well done for your 19 miles run this morning.

duo, as I mentioned in my post to Lesley, I also have a Garmin 645 music, and have all the ICE information on it. Next of kin, phone number etc. This means not having to parkrun carrying my phone. I don't use the music feature at all. A few years back, I had an iPod which clipped on my shorts, but eventually the battery "gave up the ghost" and I haven't run with music since.

I hope that you enjoy today's run.

This morning was 6.45 miles with the Wednesday Group, including 5 x 800 metres with 90 seconds recoveries on the 800 metres forest course.
duo
11 Sep
3:00pm, 11 Sep 2024
524 posts
  •  
duo
It's lovely out there but the wind is bitter.

That's the only thing I miss about my Garmin; HS is keeping ice info on it. My Coros doesn't do that.
11 Sep
3:32pm, 11 Sep 2024
15,887 posts
  •  
hillstrider
That's a shame Duo, as the 645 music is multi purpose for me. I use it for navigation, and also have inputted many of the training programmes which we use on Wednesdays. I've had it for 4 years and am hesitant to get a replacement in case I have problems settling it all up.
duo
11 Sep
4:21pm, 11 Sep 2024
525 posts
  •  
duo
I must say that I don't miss Garmin at all. The Coros is fabulous value for money. I have the Apex Pro 2, which is the Garmin Fenix level watch and is priced the same as the 645m. I won't go back to Garmin now. I'd always been a Garmin user before that.
11 Sep
5:37pm, 11 Sep 2024
4,337 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
I actually bought a Coros after years of Garmin but ended up reverting as didn’t realise it wasn’t a partner of my health insurance so lost a lot of perks.

Well done on your PB.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000