1000 miles in 2024

1 lurker | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
30 Jun
10:32pm, 30 Jun 2024
21 posts
  •  
EdGreig
Welcome to the RW crew, great to have so many new faces!

I’ve got quite behind the par after Exeter marathon having no training schedule but have now signed up for Abingdon and started a P&D18.

Didn’t get off to a flyer last week as was prepping for our son’s birthday party but have done a bit better this week, including training with our local Forest Hill running club, Run Forest Run (!).

Did two runs today, a short one after lunch and a long one after dinner. Second one managed to nab all 10 Rundle digits, even though Crystal Palace was fenced off for a music festival. However I sweet talked security (It was my last digit and I’d already done 11.5k) and they finally agreed to let me in and get the 5.
30 Jun
10:41pm, 30 Jun 2024
22,929 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I’d have loved to hear that conversation Ed!

Hope your son had a great birthday & party.
1 Jul
8:31am, 1 Jul 2024
6,992 posts
  •  
steve45
That's the sort of thing I'd do LL! How great to have found "it"! And well done on the seven miler.
5k with torey this morning along trails showed the slightest of improvements in my efforts to run continuously. Monitoring stuff for the consultant... thought my appointment was at the end of the month but it's in two weeks time. Hope to keep up the progress however minimal it is.
1 Jul
9:25am, 1 Jul 2024
22,934 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
That you noticed improvement no matter how small is positive. Here's hoping it keeps improving Steve and well done on the 5k.
1 Jul
9:48am, 1 Jul 2024
15,363 posts
  •  
hillstrider
EdGreig, well done for last weeks training, and good luck with your training for the Abingdon Marathon.

Well done Steve for this mornings 5k with Torey. It sounds encouraging that you have noticed a slight improvement.

A speedy, for me anyway, walk this morning. 0.75 mile average 16.11 min/mile.
1 Jul
11:34am, 1 Jul 2024
9 posts
  •  
MrM2
Good running conditions yesterday and enjoyed getting near to where I think I ought to be (?)
A 7 mile run at 10:12/mile pace, followed by a 2 mile run (after a 5 min pause to check indoors)
The 7 mile run gave me 68% age grade, and if I'm permitted to count it all as a 9 mile run then the o'all pace is 10:05/mile, giving 69.5% age grade. (Always happy to have at least one run in the week when I score around 70%, but it hasn't happened for a while.) 30 miles for the week taking me to YTD: 0831' . Conditions look good for a short 'shake-out' run this afternoon.
1 Jul
2:15pm, 1 Jul 2024
4,227 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Fingers crossed for you Steve It will be great if it continues. Great running MrM2 glad you're happier with your running this week.

I opted for a walk today and although will fall below the line I am roughly sticking to a plan so hoping for quality not quantity. ( that's my excuse) anyway.
Well done on your walk HS mine was in the 16's but a bit slower as my friend is struggling a bit with her knee.
1 Jul
2:43pm, 1 Jul 2024
12,113 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Nice running over the weekend folks. We're away and my total will doubtful move before a week tomorrow. Enjoying the break and walking a little bit instead of running a bit.
1 Jul
3:33pm, 1 Jul 2024
15,368 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Good running MrM2

Well done LL for opting for a walk today.

Good to hear that you are enjoying your break FF, and walking a little bit.
1 Jul
3:43pm, 1 Jul 2024
22,946 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Enjoy your break away FF

MrM2 great running and planning, and definitely one run - great stats.

I didn't run this morning as a friend is coming to run with me tonight, just hoping the damp weather doesn't put her off as I really need to get the miles in.

Busy work ahead for the next couple of weeks so need to get myself into gear and run first thing.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000