1000 miles in 2024

2 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
1 Jul
8:42pm, 1 Jul 2024
22,957 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
4.5 chatty miles with my pal, not seen her since Feb/March, that long we know it was dark and cold and I was in interview mode but we can't remember exactly when. Anyway loved it need to find more time now her kids exams are out the way.
1 Jul
9:38pm, 1 Jul 2024
10 posts
  •  
MrM2
Just a simple 3 miles this afternoon. Surprised by a light rain shower. YTD: 0834' .
2 Jul
12:41am, 2 Jul 2024
14 posts
  •  
JackFW
Thanks for the welcome, Ed. There is a famous trail run down here called Run Forrest. I’ve been meaning to do it for years. It takes you through the Otway National Rain Forest in Victoria and starts in the town called Forrest (two rs for some reason). I might sign up for the half in 2025. Keep us updated on your progress in preparing for the Abingdon Marathon.

Steve, congrats on the progress. Hope it continues for you. Stay positive. It makes a difference.

Great running, MrM2. Glad you are happier with how you are tracking this week.

GG, a chat with a friend sounds like a great way to spend an evening run. I need to organise one of those in my running schedule. None of my friends live local though, and all of them have young children which makes it difficult.

Great running everyone else.

11km run this morning to work in chilly conditions.

P.S. To those who wish you could save drafts, I type into notes app on the phone and save, and then paste the content into the forum when I’m ready. I do this as I have been burnt too many times before!
2 Jul
7:52am, 2 Jul 2024
22,963 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Sounds like a lovely run Jack I really want to come back to Oz to experience it without a global lockdown. We did have some fabulous walks around national parks and beautiful countryside (as much as we were able)

I have gone through friends having small children and not seeing much of them they’re out other side now and most taken up running one joked she had to it was the only way she’d see me now but I love combining my 2 loves - I am partial to a catch up over wine too!

Well done on the 11k and your 3m MrM2

It’s a run rest day I was going to run anyway but I didn’t, weights and yoga to do instead but I might sneak out later.
2 Jul
10:17am, 2 Jul 2024
14 posts
  •  
MrHSc
Chilly? you say Jack, you want to try running in the middle of summer in the UK, I had my long sleeves out this morning with a cool northerly breeze.

Another 6 miles this morning with 25 mins of tempo squeezed in there.
Last run of the week as we are off to Naples to see the delights of southern Italy for a long weekend, lucky timing as it coincides with my cut back week 😊

YTD 731 miles.
2 Jul
10:30am, 2 Jul 2024
15,371 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done GG for your chatty 4.5 miles with your pal. Good luck with the weights and yoga, and hope you enjoy the sneaky run later if you do it.

Well done MrM2 for yesterday's 3 miles.

Well done JackFW for your 11km morning run, and thanks for the tip on how to save drafts. I will have to find out how to paste now.

This morning was the usual Tuesday Farmers Walk, and this evening will be the club's 1 mile challenge on the grass running track.
2 Jul
10:36am, 2 Jul 2024
15,372 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Our posts crossed MrHsc. Yes it was quite chilly this morning. I was just wearing shorts and a t shirt for my farmers walk, and really felt the chill.

Well done for your 6 miles, including 25 minutes at tempo pace.

Enjoy your long weekend away in Naples.
2 Jul
11:55am, 2 Jul 2024
6,995 posts
  •  
steve45
Nice sounding environment Jack, thanks for the tip about saving drafts.
MrHSc I'm still in long sleeves when I leave the house! It needs to be 15c plus for me to feel comfortable....bearing in mind I can only run walk currently. 12c this morning was ok on my 3.5 miles but the wind was a bit brisk. Well done on your run with tempo session.
Nice to do Farmer's Walk to stay loosened up for the mile hs. Hope you enjoy it.
2 Jul
11:57am, 2 Jul 2024
6,996 posts
  •  
steve45
Forgot to say I don't do chatty miles! Sometimes if I'm running with my wife I can go for a few words, she enjoys a chat but I'm afraid I zip my lips!
2 Jul
2:11pm, 2 Jul 2024
15,376 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Steve, it will be interesting to see how I get on this evening. Well done for this mornings 3.5.

I tried typing this on the notes app and saving it, but it wouldn't paste on here. I therefore typed it again on here.☹️

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000