1000 miles in 2024

2 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
30 Jun
10:54am, 30 Jun 2024
31 posts
  •  
Dubairunner
Jack might miss coverage today, off to the club to watch Le Mans and then F1, neither appeal to me but a few drinks with friends does.

4 miles on the treadmill, up at 3.15 to drop eldest to the airport for his flight back home, had good intentions to run when I got home but 32 degrees and 85% humidity cancelled that.

Steve park run doesn’t exist here, but prob not my thing anyway
30 Jun
11:23am, 30 Jun 2024
15,356 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done LL for your 178th parkrun. The heat affected me too at yesterday's parkrun.

Well done GG for your round trip to a brilliant butcher for brisket burgers. They sound delicious, even though I am a vegetarian.

Well done Donnie 1 for your 229th parkrun and Fridays 5 miles.

Well done JackFW for your 1.54 half marathon this morning in wet and windy conditions. That's an impressive time.

Thanks Steve, in my old age, I'm more into parkruns than races. I think one reason is that they have age categories up to 75-80,

and possibly 80-85, whereas the majority of races only go to 70+. I'm still very competitive, but have no possibility of showing near the top of the 70+ category.

On the subject of drinking alcohol the evening before the race, I think that Dave Bedford drank more than 3 pints before a London Marathon, as he was sick in a litter bin on the way round.

Enjoy today's rest day.

This morning, I ran a solo hilly 4 miles on roads at recovery pace. I'm not running tomorrow, as I'm saving myself for the club's 1 mile challenge on the grass track Tuesday evening. I've got a horrible feeling that I will probably come in last. I will aim for 8.45, which I could have walked in my sleep, back in the day 😁
30 Jun
11:27am, 30 Jun 2024
15,357 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done Dubairunner for your 4 miles on the treadmill. As the regulars on here know, I can't "get on" with them.
30 Jun
11:31am, 30 Jun 2024
33 posts
  •  
Dubairunner
HS I’m not a fan of the TM, my wife uses it, it’s a last resort for me
30 Jun
11:32am, 30 Jun 2024
3,916 posts
  •  
Lesley C
I'm a veggie too, I don't drink either. My OH still eats meat and loves a good butcher.

Definitely wise cancelling with those conditions DR.

Well done on your Parkruns and runs this weekend everyone. I did 13 miles yesterday, including Parkrun too. It was warm but not too hot. Was hoping to get out this morning for my recovery run but my OH was away at 7 for a 110 mile cycle so wasn't getting up early for it. Maybe later.
30 Jun
11:39am, 30 Jun 2024
15,358 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Lesley, well done for yesterday's 13 miles including parkrun. I hope that you manage to get out for a run later.

I meant to mention that there was light rain and a cool breeze during this mornings run.
30 Jun
1:41pm, 30 Jun 2024
6,991 posts
  •  
steve45
Wise run as recovery hs. I'm sure the club mile on grass will be challenging for all participants and a goal time that you have is more than dammed good!
Treadmill a must in temperatures like that DR. Many years ago at the inaugural Race to the Stones my wife did the 100k in 35c heat which had developed suddenly. We were frantically purchasing a legionnaire 's type running hat the day before. She came 3rd female and has ever since been ok in temperatures more than I could ever conteplate. I think it's almost nuts to run in high temperatures, I like warmth and seldom experience anything more than 15c on my morning outings.
Great distance yesterday Lesley and incorporated park run too .
We eat meat maybe five times a year, if that. Can't say I like some of the plant based alternatives that are around now which to me are quite "yuch"!
30 Jun
2:19pm, 30 Jun 2024
4,224 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Some good news:

I ran 7 miles today to plan and when I got back I’d lost the top to one of my drinking bottles.
I took the bike out retraced the run and managed to find it. A miracle really but made me happy 🤣
30 Jun
2:38pm, 30 Jun 2024
15,360 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Steve, I will certainly run the mile as hard as I can.

It's always nice to have good news LL, and miracles do happen 😃
30 Jun
5:33pm, 30 Jun 2024
22,914 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
That is good fortune Loo and a free bike ride to boot!

So much to catch up on and apologies for lack of personal updates we woke to another flood on the boat this time the fridge which has given up the ghost so a plan for a leisurely day with long walk and some lunch ended off not quite to plan. Just left at 5 for home, also meant I didn’t get to sneak out for a little run to round my month up.

I can’t do treadmills I do if I have no other option but a 5k feels longer than a 50k! Hope you enjoy your catch up and beers DR

Well done on the solo run hs, and to the parkrunners too and a great pr sandwich Lesley.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000