Who Squares Wins!

174 watchers
JCB
Jun 2020
12:08pm, 8 Jun 2020
1,255 posts
  •  
JCB
In 1v1 it is simply the number of squares you own.
Jun 2020
12:09pm, 8 Jun 2020
11,728 posts
  •  
Ness
Helloooo, olde English! :)
DTs
Jun 2020
12:10pm, 8 Jun 2020
208 posts
  •  
DTs
Daddy Shark - out of curiosity and without giving tactics away what are your rules?

From my position I am trying to implement a hard rule of one rest day a week as I was in risk of only having taken 2 rest days in May and I'm not in the right shape to do high mileage (for me) AND long streaks without risking injury.

I have other rules about:
* no doubles, except work commuting in which case limiting the mileage over the day

* only logging activities I would have logged prior to the game

I suspect these might get thrown out of the window if I am ever in danger of being in MultiPlayer final but I'd like to temper my *competitive* streak as I can risk obsessiveness and i want to keep this fun.
Jun 2020
12:10pm, 8 Jun 2020
5,855 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
There was part of me thinking that a week of rest would be a nice thing roberton. Well done on your strong performance. If Snail's last upload had dented my squares instead of yours you would have sneaked in. Game on Snail!

Hello mole-thing. I won't be paying as much attention to the 1 to 1 as I should I'm afraid.
Jun 2020
12:13pm, 8 Jun 2020
10,338 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
JCB that is what I thought but my opponent had 135 to my 134, but we were given a draw - don't get me wrong as the loser by one square I am happy but I expected to lose this week.
Jun 2020
12:14pm, 8 Jun 2020
5,856 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
I used to avoid logging walks DTs, but might not have stayed in the Multiplayer without them. It's a slippery slope.

On the plus side the dog loves to get more time for sniffing around the village in addition to running in the woods.
Jun 2020
12:15pm, 8 Jun 2020
34,038 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
gg - that 135 to 134 was the number of squares you each *visited*, not the number you owned. It’s the number you *own* that determines the winner.
Jun 2020
12:18pm, 8 Jun 2020
67 posts
  •  
Snail
An exciting Monday morning! Cheers for the semifinal game NDW, Roberton and 57.5. In NDW terminology - I had to quickly break off from work and visit quite a few postboxes this morning! That possible break next week, you mention 57.5 - do feel free to start a week earlier ;)
Jun 2020
12:21pm, 8 Jun 2020
440 posts
  •  
Daddy Shark
Sorry DTs, I'd FMail you my rules if we weren't in competition, but we are. Your rules are not the same as mine, but it is that sort of thing. They are absolutely rigid and I've not broken one since running a half-marathon with a torn calf just for the sake of WSW back at the end of last summer. I think I'd find it much harder sticking to my rules if there were badges to go for. Indeed, I've recently decided that, one day, I'll break my rules very briefly for Ocho, but I'd also have to break the law and I am still mulling that over.

On a completely unrelated matter, how much swimming counts as a swim in a square? I know that a single GPS point would do for the game, but I want to treat Ocho (and those that already have it) with the respect it deserves.
Jun 2020
12:23pm, 8 Jun 2020
441 posts
  •  
Daddy Shark
Hello Sam!

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
fetcheveryone.com/wsw.php

Game guide here:
fetcheveryone.com/wsw-guide.php