Who Squares Wins!

3 lurkers | 174 watchers
Jun 2020
1:35pm, 8 Jun 2020
2,548 posts
  •  
Pothunter
Chess board badge for 8 consecutive ochos in a game week?
Jun 2020
1:37pm, 8 Jun 2020
1,869 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
Woohoo - 5 wins in a row!
Jun 2020
1:39pm, 8 Jun 2020
387 posts
  •  
Maccathecracker
Tiamo - well played, I think 180 miles cycled in grid deserves the win ! Well done on the grid master too.

NDW - not sure how competitive I’ll be this week, I might be searching for likely hills reps which are very square inefficient, I’m also spending time on a turbo trainer, probably the lowest square to effort ratio of any exercise known to man/woman.
Jun 2020
1:41pm, 8 Jun 2020
35,115 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Lol 57.5DoP, is there any wonder that I (and possibly newer players of the game) are confused?!

So is being able to log everything twice on a Monday just an unintended consequence of having the cut off at 12 noon (UK time)? What does that do to folk on other side of the world? Do they get 2 Tuesdays?! :-) G
Jun 2020
1:44pm, 8 Jun 2020
446 posts
  •  
Daddy Shark
I'm totally jealous of your swimming set-up ITG. I had envisaged some sort of bubbling mudbath surrounded by smoking, but benign volcanoes, but your version will do nicely. But I take your point about seeing the whole picture. I certainly have no desire to move out of London; I love it here. That doesn't stop me loving running alongside rivers or up mountains. My favourite ever open water swimming was in little lakes on the Isle of Harris.
Jun 2020
1:44pm, 8 Jun 2020
796 posts
  •  
roberton
HappyG: you can't log the same thing twice. But you can log an activity on a Monday morning, and log another activity on Monday afternoon in the same squares and it will count for the new match.
Jun 2020
1:46pm, 8 Jun 2020
797 posts
  •  
roberton
I'm thinking of celebrating being out of WSW multiplayer by having a go on the standup paddleboard again tomorrow morning. Hopelessly inefficient for WSW (slower than walking, but still 1 pt per square) but will be a nice change from the furious running and biking (and walking actually, those power walks are tiring!)
Jun 2020
447 posts
  •  
Daddy Shark
Pothunter, are you reporting a badge that exists (that is only revealed if you get Ocho) or proposing a new one? Genuine question.
Jun 2020
35,116 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
But I can log a run today, Monday pm, and log a run again next Monday in the am and they both count. So 8 runs can be logged in any one square, like 57.5DoP said? :-) G
Jun 2020
1:49pm, 8 Jun 2020
9,467 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
tripadvisor.com

There is also a secret indoor pool (without 3 outdoor hot tubs and sauna) in another part of town but we don't tell the tourists about that.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
fetcheveryone.com/wsw.php

Game guide here:
fetcheveryone.com/wsw-guide.php