parkrun Café

125 watchers
5 Oct
6:59pm, 5 Oct 2024
6,495 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Metro_Nome wrote:I was at my home Hazlehead today for parkrun 499. Looking forward to cake at number 500 next week!

Great achievement 👏
5 Oct
8:37pm, 5 Oct 2024
4,932 posts
  •  
StuH
Nice to meet @chunkywizard this morning, Dinton is indeed a lovely course. Bit busy for the first 1k but after that, was fine.
@Windsor Wool I've done Wendover parkrun before, and choosing one enroute meant I didn't have to leave quite so early. Wendover woods was gorgeous today. :-) I agree with you re: Guildford, was my home pr before Woking started.
5 Oct
8:44pm, 5 Oct 2024
3,624 posts
  •  
No.12
Porthcawl for me. a big breeze and a slow start due to numbers but lovely weather otherwise.
5 Oct
8:55pm, 5 Oct 2024
17,591 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
Nice to meet you too @StuH

We had an interesting morning. Firstly since our paths are being resurfaced I need to move quite a few rocks and pieces of tarmac off the course before running as well as a couple of fences 😮

Then we had a faller who unfortunately broke her hip which led to a brief panic as we were trying to help her out.
5 Oct
9:11pm, 5 Oct 2024
35,198 posts
  •  
LorraineS
Bazoaxe wrote:How did oriam go on the changed route?

It went well thanks. One or two things to get sorted out but nobody got lost ... only one ambulance called for a runner who badly gashed their knee

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Groundhog
Fancy a light-hearted chat about your parkrun stories? First run, favourite parkrun, most beautiful parkrun, hardest course, craziest marshal, parkrun tourist on tour (i.e. how to get to Poland), parkrun family photos? Post them here.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.