Shades Marathon Training

2 lurkers | 30 watchers
28 Aug
9:29am, 28 Aug 2024
4,393 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
I have used Pete Bland before by only internet orders never been near the shop so will remember to visit if nearby.

I could not see it either thought my internet was flaky.

Big G Where I lived before had similar terrain and views but sadly no steam train.

Back in Boston V9 for progression run and 40 secs a mile faster than Friday in Wave rider.
28 Aug
9:45am, 28 Aug 2024
70,635 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I went to Pete Bland yesterday (we were in Kendal for another reason) and bought those £102 Saucony Triumphs :) And a pair of the current Triumphs for eL Bee!, who preferred them to the Brooks Ghosts and Asics Somethings that the salesperson also invited him to try based on his requirements. There are SO MANY pretty things hanging on the rails with tempting discounts too.
28 Aug
9:56am, 28 Aug 2024
3,748 posts
  •  
Shades
WP - that's a good run for you today.

Vrap - are the Triumphs true to size? I know some Sauconys can be a snug fit on some models.

I've been looking but not buying. The new Ghost Max and the new Hurricanes have caught my eye.
28 Aug
10:06am, 28 Aug 2024
70,637 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I can't comment across the range, Shades, but the Triumph 21 is size-compatible with the Speed 2. I was able to take my usual size and so was eL Bee!.
28 Aug
10:10am, 28 Aug 2024
4,395 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Fancy that Vrap hope you both liked the Triumphs.I found The Brooks Ghost too ridgid for me.
28 Aug
10:16am, 28 Aug 2024
70,638 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
eL Bee! thought the Ghost felt flatter than the Triumph despite the bigger differential. Once I know for certain that the Triumph works for him I'll be more likely to take a punt if someone's offloading a pair of Pro in his size on Marketplace since he's doing the occasional short race.
28 Aug
11:01am, 28 Aug 2024
4,396 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Mind you it is years ago that I tried the Ghost maybe 5+ years. I always found the Truimph to be true to size.
28 Aug
11:02am, 28 Aug 2024
3,749 posts
  •  
Shades
Thanks for that info re sizing Vrap.

WP - the Ghost's have had a radical overhaul and the Ghost Max has more cushioning and a lower drop, I think 6mm now. Ditto the Hurricanes, more cushioning and lower drop.

A few years ago I had a pair of Ghosts, good shoes.
28 Aug
11:08am, 28 Aug 2024
4,397 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Thanks Shades todays run was on a par to my usual pace where Friday was slow.
28 Aug
4:46pm, 28 Aug 2024
5,134 posts
  •  
kstuart
I got a pair of Saucony Omni's when i was in manchester cos they didn't have the Adrenaline equivalent for new balance in stock.

Also i'm doing this pfwrunning.com marathon on Sept 29th then off on holiday day after to Majorca with mother for a week. Well Newcastle day after ahead of 7am flight anyway

About This Thread

Maintained by Shades
Back in December 2005 I started a thread on Runner's World offering a marathon training plan on 3 runs a week. I had my own running club at the time (Womens Running Network) and I had successfully trialled the training plan when I took a group of girls to Dublin to run their first marathon.

Over the years the thread has evolved into a chat thread, with a bit of training advice, race reports, for predominantly marathon runners.