2 lurkers | 30 watchers
23 Aug
3:14pm, 23 Aug 2024
3,685 posts
  •  
Shades
No, haven't tried the Triumphs.

I think Rcouture might have a pair, he's very knowledgeable on shoes

I believe the Triumphs were very highly rated, then had a couple of years with poorer reviews and now once again highly recommended having put right whatever went wrong.

Triumphs are on my wish list.
24 Aug
7:17am, 24 Aug 2024
4,363 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Big G I feel your pain.Did you managed to stockpile any ?

Shades From what I have read last years version is better than the new version with Triumph but no idea if true.

Rain has been delayed till tomorrow so just a drizzle which I feel is better to test the shoe out.
24 Aug
7:45am, 24 Aug 2024
3,687 posts
  •  
Shades
Big G - if you can find any V12 of the 1080's there's no issue with the heel/achilles on that model.

WP - hope conditions are OK for your test run.

4 miles this morning in gorgeous summer rain, no wind, most enjoyable.

Saw my kingfisher again.

Gym later, that will be 3 hours gym this week. Hoping to up that to 4 hours next week. 😅
24 Aug
8:30am, 24 Aug 2024
5,131 posts
  •  
kstuart
Almost dodged the rain this morning but last 5 mins got me. Hopefully passes over before i head out in a hour or so
24 Aug
8:55am, 24 Aug 2024
3,691 posts
  •  
Shades
This is the bank holiday weather that we're all used to 😉
24 Aug
9:16am, 24 Aug 2024
5,132 posts
  •  
kstuart
It was a tad moist back home yesterday as there were multiple whatsapp messages to do with flooded roads. I chose to ignore it being it was dry here in manchester just a wee bit windy.
24 Aug
9:58am, 24 Aug 2024
3,904 posts
  •  
Big_G
Shades, yeah, I think the main changes came in at v13.

WP, I do have a pair of v10 unopened here still.

Miserable weather here first thing and didn’t fancy the parkrun. Probably people realise on here that I am not keen on off-road for a session/effort - I’m happy plodding around/exploring on trails, but the final mile of parkrun around a wet field didn’t appeal. So I went and did my own thing, and decided on 5x1K at last week’s parkrun effort for the intervals. I did it on the flat and it went okay, with fairly consistent splits of 4:29, 4:22, 4:18, 4:20, 4:18 A decent effort but felt more or less in control, which is what I wanted, so that’s good. Had the benefit of starting my run earlier than if I’d done parkrun, although when I got back it had stopped raining!
24 Aug
10:59am, 24 Aug 2024
15 posts
  •  
Rcouture
Big G - Sorry to read about your dad. Sounds like you did right by him.

Landed back on Wednesday. Managed to keep up the mileage on the tread at 60ish mpw including some 2 hr runs. Sounds insane but I put on a podcast and there was a nice view of the sea from the gym window so it was fine. I was worried about how that might translate to real running but did a 20 miler yesterday with 5 miles at MP and it was a great workout. Controlled and right HR at <3hr pace. Off to Bath then Wales today with the in-laws and then will be back for the big half next Sunday. Was aiming to have a PB attempt there but it’s looking very hot so may well change it to a good MP effort.
24 Aug
11:03am, 24 Aug 2024
4,364 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Sounds like you chose the right weekend to go to Manchester.Did you go shoe shopping?

Big G that sounds good you have a pair to bring into play.

I have looked at 1080 v12 and can get in my size but will have to wait a wee while.I opted for 1/2 size smaller?

Shades sounds a good run this morning and bonus with kingfisher.

I opted to run the Rec and park and aim for progressive run....which I failed at I could not hit the pace needed.I feel the shoes are not responsive enough for speed but they are a good workhorse shoe.No issues ,no slippage on heel ,no rubbing on heel/achilles good traction on wet tarmac.A good 45 minutes run in them.

So my plan is Adidas for speed work which will make V9 last a bit longer and Mizuno for all other runs.

I will try to sell the two brand new pairs V10+11 I have in stock as I know they will upset Achilles and work through V10 once a week and use V11 for walking( these both have less than 100 miles on each)
24 Aug
11:36am, 24 Aug 2024
3,692 posts
  •  
Shades
Big G - another good week's training from you and doing intervals too, which I know you like.

Welcome back from your travels Rcouture. 60mpw on a treadmill is very impressive physically and mentally. I'm not surprised you then had a great long run yesterday being outside again.

I hope the forecast cools for next weekend, I think you might still be able to have a cracking at a PB. It's not as if you haven't had some warm weather acclimatisation but best to wait and see how conditions are on the day.

WP - that's a successful debut run in the Wave Riders. A workhorse shoe is what you want and absolutely no speed work until the achilles has calmed down again.

The NB1080's v12 are an 8mm drop, are OK with that?, and I would say they're true to size. The v10 came up small and needed to go up by half a size. I didn't have any v11's so don't know about them. But NB sorted out the sizing for v12.

Enjoyable hour in the gym.

About This Thread

Maintained by Shades
Back in December 2005 I started a thread on Runner's World offering a marathon training plan on 3 runs a week. I had my own running club at the time (Womens Running Network) and I had successfully trialled the training plan when I took a group of girls to Dublin to run their first marathon.

Over the years the thread has evolved into a chat thread, with a bit of training advice, race reports, for predominantly marathon runners.