Shades Marathon Training

1 lurker | 30 watchers
22 Aug
8:00am, 22 Aug 2024
4,349 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Ian you are right I just checked about postage and returns.But Sportshoes offer free postage and discount with WA.
22 Aug
8:15am, 22 Aug 2024
4,350 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Shades Glad legs are more responsive this morning.
22 Aug
8:44am, 22 Aug 2024
275 posts
  •  
Ian5
WP-They don't offer free returns though,think it's 3.99 to return.
Mizuno do free delivery for over 45 and free returns if you want to try them first then look for the cheapest.
22 Aug
9:01am, 22 Aug 2024
3,661 posts
  •  
Shades
Ian/WP - that's a good deal from Mizuno re returns. Is that over £45 or over 45 years old? 🤣

WP - I'm so pleased that my legs felt normal today.

Off to the gym soon to give them a good trashing.
22 Aug
9:35am, 22 Aug 2024
3,901 posts
  •  
Big_G
That’s good news your run went well, Shades.

Rest day for me today.
22 Aug
10:38am, 22 Aug 2024
4,351 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Thanks Ian that is a very good from Mizuno.Off to go make a purchase :)
22 Aug
12:42pm, 22 Aug 2024
3,665 posts
  •  
Shades
Even I've had a look at the Mizuno website. Slightly annoying website but probably not its best for viewing on the phone.

Didn't see any reviews but I did see they have the length of the shoes on the size guide so that might help re sizing
23 Aug
5:44am, 23 Aug 2024
3,671 posts
  •  
Shades
WP - hope the shoes arrive soon and suit you.

I just checked my shoe spreadsheet and apart from the Adrenalines with a 12mm drop I also have a pair of Nimbus, they have a 13mm drop. Lovely shoes, I will replace them as they are so comfortable.

Rest day today, I did an hour in the gym yesterday and have DOMS again. Not too bad but enough to swap tomorrow's rest day to today.

When I looked out the window this morning, it's raining, like a heavy drizzle and I was really disappointed not to running as I enjoy a run in the rain. However, be careful what you wish for, tomorrow morning is forecast to be heavy rain 🤣
23 Aug
6:53am, 23 Aug 2024
4,354 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
I have a list of shoes to try from a podiatrist article I found online there were five to try out for Achilles although I will only try three as one is not suitable for collapsed arches or high arches.The other is Brooks Ghost.

Mizuno wave rider
Asics Nimbus
NB 880
Brooks Ghost
Nike pegasus

I had a pair Nimbus pre Achilles and loved the plushness but found Asics not so good on Achilles.But willing to try again.Never tried NB and I used to run in Nike Zoom pre Achilles but was never that comfortable.

So when I go to Cardiff who have two running shops Moti and Runners Need I will try on the Nimbus and NB and any they suggest.

Wave rider has been dispatched so should be here in next few days.

Looks like our rain has stopped RHR was +8 yesterday and only dropped to +7 today so was going to run long 6-8 miles but will keep it short again or even rest day we shall see.
23 Aug
7:11am, 23 Aug 2024
58 posts
  •  
Cal Jones
WP I really like my Asics Novablast, they're a good all round shoe (I did UltraLondon 55 in them but they're also snappy enough for parkrun). I have limited dorsiflexion so I do better with a decent drop or my achilles gets grumpy.

About This Thread

Maintained by Shades
Back in December 2005 I started a thread on Runner's World offering a marathon training plan on 3 runs a week. I had my own running club at the time (Womens Running Network) and I had successfully trialled the training plan when I took a group of girls to Dublin to run their first marathon.

Over the years the thread has evolved into a chat thread, with a bit of training advice, race reports, for predominantly marathon runners.