Politics

13 lurkers | 212 watchers
Nov 2019
2:34pm, 19 Nov 2019
24,683 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
Bojo?

Prince Andrew and the recent shenanigans is a fine advert for the removal of the essentially useless and pointless royal family.

Anyhow, in a random sample of the 1 person that I still know that lives in Bojo's constituency, he has had precisely no communication from any of the parties whatsoever, which is amazing, as I have been bombarded by Con and LD waste paper.
Nov 2019
2:55pm, 19 Nov 2019
20,040 posts
  •  
TRO Saracen
May was still solid at this point last time, the ‘Maybot’ social media campaign was presumed to be just echo chamber noise, and the slide really began with the catastrophic manifesto.

Feels like the general public have ‘enjoyed’ a holiday from the Brexit saga - rare that the start of GE campaign actually sees a scaling back of press coverage of politicians. My social media feeds have been much quieter than last time, last time it was massive volumes of stuff, 99% from the left. Far quieter this time round.

All to play for IMO, tonight’s face off may be the start of the campaign proper. Think a head to head will suit Corbyn, and he has nothing to lose.
Nov 2019
3:15pm, 19 Nov 2019
33,297 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
R4 Today this morning was saying something about there being a Foreign Affairs "event" the week before the election? And hence there will be no way to avoid Foreign Policy questions. I think Corbyn's views (anti-nuclear, anti-interventionist generally, anti-NATO) would be damaging to Labour, wouldn't it?

Though I notice SNP have actually called on Labour to officially add scrapping Trident as a commitment, which is actually showing Labour as "stronger" on that topic than SNP?

I'll try and find what the Foreign event is.
Nov 2019
3:15pm, 19 Nov 2019
58,536 posts
  •  
swittle
NATO meeting?
Nov 2019
3:16pm, 19 Nov 2019
58,537 posts
  •  
swittle
nato.int
Nov 2019
3:20pm, 19 Nov 2019
33,298 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Lol, that could be it (does it count as "some kind of Foreign Affairs thing"?!) :-) G
Nov 2019
3:22pm, 19 Nov 2019
58,538 posts
  •  
swittle
Reckon so!
Nov 2019
3:51pm, 19 Nov 2019
3,768 posts
  •  
Raemond
There's also all the fun of the European Council, which starts on the 12th of December and goes on into the weekend.
Nov 2019
4:11pm, 19 Nov 2019
22,910 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Baron von Trumpington will be visiting London in early December. Whether that will go well or not, who knows. I dare say the Johnson drones will be straining every sinew to keep Trump on message, "Boris is a great guy, bigly great, I mean nobody is greater than him. Except me. Corbyn? Bad guy. Nasty man."
Nov 2019
4:13pm, 19 Nov 2019
9,520 posts
  •  
larkim
BJ vs JC TV debate is tonight isn't it?

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Johnny Blaze 360 R D
Bob 312 D D
EarlyRiser 306 R D
LindsD 298 R D
Chrisull 276 R D
Larkim 268 R R
TROSaracen 226 R R
PaulCook 0 R R

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.