Olympics Paris 2024

1 lurker | 46 watchers
5 Aug
6:01pm, 5 Aug 2024
22,843 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Cheg wrote:Senior Leadership Team (12%)

Given how England hockey have f***ed about with the leagues completely in the last few years, this can go..... - that's £1.2m saved.
5 Aug
6:40pm, 5 Aug 2024
10,567 posts
  •  
GordonG
huge respect for Laura Kenny for all she's achieved on the track. Can't say she's adding too much to my limited cycling knowledge in her punditry, though.
5 Aug
6:57pm, 5 Aug 2024
4,758 posts
  •  
Curly45
4 hours of table tennis was intense but very good fun. One of the teams was France who lost very narrowly and were the last team to be playing. Great atmosphere! 4 tables going at once. Didn't know where to look most of the time 😎😂
5 Aug
7:11pm, 5 Aug 2024
4,360 posts
  •  
Cheg
rf_fozzy wrote:Cheg wrote:Senior Leadership Team (12%) Given how England hockey have f***ed about with the leagues completely in the last few years, this can go..... - that's £1.2m saved.
like I said those were total numbers not sport specific. I think 5.5% for centre of excellence looked like money well spent.
5 Aug
7:12pm, 5 Aug 2024
9,256 posts
  •  
Pothunter
Golden start in the velodrome!
5 Aug
7:19pm, 5 Aug 2024
56,616 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
And WR to boot!
Awesome
5 Aug
8:09pm, 5 Aug 2024
12,723 posts
  •  
lammo
Watched todays gymnastics with my knowledgeable daughter, and we agreed the Romanians we robbed on the floor by the yanks
5 Aug
8:23pm, 5 Aug 2024
27,153 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
UltraDunc wrote:Looking forward to watching local Keeley Hodgkinson who went to the same school as my daughter 😉

Josh Kerr was in the year between my two kids. Grace Reid, diver, was in the same year as my eldest.
5 Aug
8:23pm, 5 Aug 2024
175 posts
  •  
Yakima Canutt
Question from MrsC. Why don't Olympians wear sports watches? I think I saw a triathlete looking at a watch which he was carrying - not on his wrist. Are they banned, not any use? Anyone know more?
5 Aug
8:26pm, 5 Aug 2024
30,943 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I’ve seen plenty wearing sport watches…

About This Thread

Maintained by Curly45
Couldn't find a thread so thought I would start one.

Who else is off to watch or who is watching at home?

We're doing Lille and Paris and a mix of sports. Currently trying to find travel insurance that includes ticket cancellation as some of the trains in the UK might be difficult and we have some internal French trains to do as well.

Also need to work out the new Paris metro ticket/app combo (Navigo I think).