Olympics Paris 2024

46 watchers
11 Feb
8:48pm, 11 Feb 2024
4,628 posts
  •  
Curly45
Couldn't find a thread so thought I would start one.

Who else is off to watch or who is watching at home?

We're doing Lille and Paris and a mix of sports. Currently trying to find travel insurance that includes ticket cancellation as some of the trains in the UK might be difficult and we have some internal French trains to do as well.

Also need to work out the new Paris metro ticket/app combo (Navigo I think).
11 Feb
9:00pm, 11 Feb 2024
38,660 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
We thought about going. Looked at tickets, travel, etc. Looked expensive and not quite worth the money and trouble, even though it would obviously be very good indeed. Only really bothered with athletics. Much like 2012 although that was doable because I could crash at Dad's house.
um
12 Feb
8:39am, 12 Feb 2024
8,195 posts
  •  
um
I've booked paras, Paris, so will be interested on the RTER/Metro ticketing process.
12 Feb
11:53am, 12 Feb 2024
4,629 posts
  •  
Curly45
Ocelot Spleens yes tickets have been expensive particularly as they made the first lot sets of 3 with no duplicate sports. We only got two sets of three to get two sessions of athletics! Some more are coming back onto sale though so worth seeing keeping an eye out, if you register on the site you get notifications of days and reminders. Might be of use.

um (sorry can't double tag on a post for some reason!) I love the paras, we didn't have enough time to stay for both. What do you have booked?
12 Feb
12:16pm, 12 Feb 2024
14,351 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Won't be going but looking forward to watching as much as possible on TV.
um
12 Feb
2:52pm, 12 Feb 2024
8,197 posts
  •  
um
Curly - at the moment, funnily enough, we have 2 days of track cycling, for the tandem kilo and pusuit, and 2 days (which is open free standing so no need to book) for the tandem TT and Road Race.
We've got a house near the Velodrome booked for 10 days for a mixed family group.

The pressure is on RainbowRider to do as well as at Glasgow though, and even before that, getting selected and keeping fit. Selection for GB cycling is possibly harder than the events!

I did try and get flights from Southampton, but Eastern Airways took so long to confirm whether they'd be flying then, that I used my Avios and got 'free' BA flights.
21 May
5:03pm, 21 May 2024
4,691 posts
  •  
Curly45
Ticketing app is out. Looks pretty good as well.

Our basketball session is women's which is exciting. Table tennis is a team event but not confirmed who.

Our athletics evening events seems to have changed events as well. Magpie happy as likely Bol, me less happy as likely no womens 5,000m final on that day now. Always a risk with the endurance events with possible doubling up and scheduling issues.
21 May
5:04pm, 21 May 2024
4,692 posts
  •  
Curly45
How is RainbowRider getting on
21 May
5:05pm, 21 May 2024
4,693 posts
  •  
Curly45
Sorry that was for
21 May
5:07pm, 21 May 2024
4,694 posts
  •  
Curly45
Still cant tag users :( That was for um, but its not going to tag them sorry!

About This Thread

Maintained by Curly45
Couldn't find a thread so thought I would start one.

Who else is off to watch or who is watching at home?

We're doing Lille and Paris and a mix of sports. Currently trying to find travel insurance that includes ticket cancellation as some of the trains in the UK might be difficult and we have some internal French trains to do as well.

Also need to work out the new Paris metro ticket/app combo (Navigo I think).