lammo
Claire Balding needs to be put out to pasture i think
1 Aug
7:42pm, 1 Aug 2024
43,464 posts
  •  
Nellers
You leave Claire alone!

(Which goes to show that tastes can be very individual.)
1 Aug
7:48pm, 1 Aug 2024
15,133 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Murray and Evans in action. Going to be a hard task against the US pair but we're getting the odd flash of brilliance
1 Aug
7:50pm, 1 Aug 2024
19,833 posts
  •  
NDWDave
We made it almost a week without the debate on what sports should be in…

3x3 basketball might not be that well known but I suspect more people play that in New York alone than [insert sport done almost entirely by Uber rich Western Europeans and US/NZ/Aus] do in the entire world
1 Aug
8:32pm, 1 Aug 2024
24,901 posts
  •  
Meglet
lammo wrote:Claire Balding needs to be put out to pasture i think

Nooo! I love Claire. It wouldn’t be the Olympics without her.
1 Aug
8:36pm, 1 Aug 2024
24,902 posts
  •  
Meglet
There was an interesting piece on the opening ceremony coverage/commentary on The Rest is Entertainment podcast. Due to the nature of the ceremony there was no rehearsal and the director wanted it all to be a surprise. So the commentators had no prior information. They had no idea who was going to show up, but apparently Andrew Cotter is excellent at recognising athletes, so we had much more info than some countries who had no idea!
He’d also done masses of research for facts for every country but got so little time to say it. There was me thinking they’d been fed the info as-live, but it just shows his brilliance.
1 Aug
8:44pm, 1 Aug 2024
15,134 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Can't believe that's it for Andy Murray, I'm really going to miss him :-(

I hope he can enjoy his retirement, he has so much to be proud of.
1 Aug
8:46pm, 1 Aug 2024
22,820 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Meglet wrote:There was an interesting piece on the opening ceremony coverage/commentary on The Rest is Entertainment podcast. Due to the nature of the ceremony there was no rehearsal and the director wanted it all to be a surprise. So the commentators had no prior information. They had no idea who was going to show up, but apparently Andrew Cotter is excellent at recognising athletes, so we had much more info than some countries who had no idea! He’d also done masses of research for facts for every country but got so little time to say it. There was me thinking they’d been fed the info as-live, but it just shows his brilliance.

It's all the practice he does with his dogs
1 Aug
8:49pm, 1 Aug 2024
2,769 posts
  •  
Jen HB
It was nice that the crowd (and his opponents) gave him a standing ovation!
1 Aug
8:50pm, 1 Aug 2024
3,817 posts
  •  
Big_G
It’s not that unsurprising keeping in mind what she’s been through but, by all accounts, at the opening ceremony Celine was miming to a studio recording and that recording was also pitch corrected by the producers. Probably lots of reasons, possibly including the organisers not wanting any technical issues on the night.

About This Thread

Maintained by Curly45
Couldn't find a thread so thought I would start one.

Who else is off to watch or who is watching at home?

We're doing Lille and Paris and a mix of sports. Currently trying to find travel insurance that includes ticket cancellation as some of the trains in the UK might be difficult and we have some internal French trains to do as well.

Also need to work out the new Paris metro ticket/app combo (Navigo I think).