Olympics Paris 2024

46 watchers
1 Aug
8:54pm, 1 Aug 2024
15,135 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Yes, Murray got a lovely send off from the crowd. Also Fritz and Paul were very classy.
1 Aug
10:09pm, 1 Aug 2024
9,237 posts
  •  
Pothunter
Given the challenges with weather and outside broadcast all the music would have been pre-recorded. Rowan Atkinson has said that the Chariots of Fire piece at London 2012 was prerecorded and the orchestra were miming along as much as he was. They can’t risk their real instruments being ruined by the rain so have cheap replicas.
1 Aug
10:09pm, 1 Aug 2024
9,238 posts
  •  
Pothunter
Maybe should have wrapped that^^^^ in a spoiler tag :-)
2 Aug
5:39am, 2 Aug 2024
3,818 posts
  •  
Big_G
Yeah, I think even back in 1991 Whitney’s wasn’t a live vocal at a famous rendition of Star Spangled Banner. That one wasn’t pitch corrected as it wasn’t a thing then, and it’s likely she performed it in one or two takes in a studio. There was an awful live performance recently by Ingrid Andress, so there are live performances at these types of events on occasion - I think Prince did a famous live event at NFL, and it was raining then, which could have led to technical issues. Anyway, it was great to see Celine out there regardless, with what she’s going through.
2 Aug
7:09am, 2 Aug 2024
56,479 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I’m surprised that nothing has been said about that swimmer who broke a world record Wednesday night and was a full second ahead of everyone else.
I assume drug testing happens straight away?
2 Aug
7:55am, 2 Aug 2024
43,603 posts
  •  
Ness
Why would there be an assumption there was drug cheating involved rather than hard work in training and good coaching support?
2 Aug
7:58am, 2 Aug 2024
6,204 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Looking forward to the athletics starting today - first final is mens 10,000m @ 8:20pm
2 Aug
8:00am, 2 Aug 2024
43,605 posts
  •  
Ness
I didn't realise it started that early. Was going to put it on at 9 for the first of the decathlon events. Thanks, K5 Gus.
2 Aug
8:03am, 2 Aug 2024
6,205 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
pm NOT am Ness :-)
2 Aug
8:07am, 2 Aug 2024
43,606 posts
  •  
Ness
🙄! You can tell I haven't had a cup of tea yet! 🤪😂Thanks x

About This Thread

Maintained by Curly45
Couldn't find a thread so thought I would start one.

Who else is off to watch or who is watching at home?

We're doing Lille and Paris and a mix of sports. Currently trying to find travel insurance that includes ticket cancellation as some of the trains in the UK might be difficult and we have some internal French trains to do as well.

Also need to work out the new Paris metro ticket/app combo (Navigo I think).