NEW - 2024 Adriene's 30 Day Yoga Journey

54 watchers
Jan 2023
10:02am, 6 Jan 2023
4,377 posts
  •  
Treacle
Day 5 done here too - felt like lots of planks and downward dogs today and there was a moment where I did tell her to shut up (she had said it was plank for 3 breaths and then she started talking for what felt like a minute before moving on!!). But it was balanced with some standing stuff and more hip openers so that was good.

Slightly apprehensive about tomorrow - its apparently short and fiery!!!
Jan 2023
10:26am, 6 Jan 2023
21,103 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Day 6 is traditionally the six pack day - pretty sure you did it last year, Treacle!
Jan 2023
10:34am, 6 Jan 2023
3,761 posts
  •  
Irontubs
Day 5 done

Found some of it quite tough again, but hey I'm here to make progress :-)
Jan 2023
11:29am, 6 Jan 2023
4,378 posts
  •  
Treacle
Thats what I'm worried about Sharkie! :-)
Jan 2023
11:52am, 6 Jan 2023
21,104 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Treacle
This is you last year :

'Done - wasn't too bad in the end although I was initially wondering what I'd let myself in for with*....! But the second half was much more pilates like - so I was ok there.

Suspect I may have hurty abs tomorrow though....'

:-)

*I'll let you guess
Jan 2023
12:25pm, 6 Jan 2023
4,379 posts
  •  
Treacle
Oh dear....!!!!

Anyway, I won't do it before my long run as I suspect it may not be a help :-)
Jan 2023
1:44pm, 6 Jan 2023
21,105 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Day 4 for me. Skipped it yesterday as too much other exercise stuff on.

Just when I was thinking am I going to be bored every session I 'almost' liked Day 4. Not bored anyway. Relatively easy day, apart from the deep wide squat. I can get my heels down - but can't then lift out of my hips to a straight up back. Not sure if this is tight Achilles or what?

I'd been looking forward to the appearance of Tree. I was wearing slightly shiny tights so my foot slid down if I pressed it in. Perfect excuse to ballet-ify! :-) Adriene does say make it your own after all. Instead of resting the entire foot I turned out the working leg and just had a tippety toe point on the supporting leg. Her cues were very good so I am entirely letting her off today. Or yesterday for you Keenies.

Will probs do day 5 later, Day 6 tomorrow then take stock.
Jan 2023
2:01pm, 6 Jan 2023
52,241 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Just done Day 5 and ow, my wrists hurt.

One thing I don't think Adriene is very good at - as alluded to by Treacle, above - is breathing. Adriene will say 'deep breath in' as she forms a pose, then talk for ages about it and then say 'and now breathe out as you unfold'. It's often much longer than is reasonable IMO
Jan 2023
4:30pm, 6 Jan 2023
18,900 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I just breathe normally for myself whilst I wait - she does have to explain the poses as she goes, our Pilates instructor is the same.
Jan 2023
4:39pm, 6 Jan 2023
21,106 posts
  •  
Sharkie
I agree AL - and I was also thinking the same as you about the legendary Adriene Waffle (yum!)

It's this - one of the things I like about Adriene yoga is the lack of wafty - or indeed ANY - music in the background. But it does mean if you're not watching the screen the whole time and there's a long silence you won't know whether your Mac/laptop/whatever has frozen.

This happened to me doing Headspace meditation several years ago. Eyes closed, started thinking this has gone on FOR EVER. And indeed it had. Screen frozen.

About This Thread

Maintained by Bintmcskint
Who's in?

Adriene's 2024 30 day "yoga journey" is called Flow
Join us for the very best start to your yoga year :-)

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.